cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Did you see the new PETA push?  They are wanting a memorial on a Utah highway for the turkeys that were killed in an accident. State is refusing.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Advisor

Re: PETA

Jump to solution

But,  they got publicity though didn't they?   Bet they were at the Derby picketing.     Will start turning off the Bold and The Beautiful after the Young and Restless.   BB  had Bob Barker on last  week.   Went on Google to find out he funds  Animal Rights classes and etc.  at Universities.    Animal rights and Law degrees????    If we was just  spay and neuter  I'd have no problems.  

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Jump to solution

I liked to watch "real time with Bill Maher".  He has interesting guests and you can learn things that don't make main stream media.  But I recently found out he is on the board of PETA.  So I will probably cut him from my viewing list.  I just don't understand how anyone with a brain that functions can support PETA.  One thing I would like to know is just how much they pay all the celebrities that do ads and endorsements  for them.  I'm guessing it's a pretty penny.  But then those kinds of people will sell their souls for the right amount.

BTW I say those kinds of people because I think that anyone in the entertainment field is just a little bit off, especially actors.  Can it really be normal to want to make a living by pretending to be somebody else.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Jump to solution

I really honestly think, just about anyone has to put on an acting front when dealing with anyone, especially in business. There is no way we can all agree on everything these days. Too many assume that as long as the other guy is agreeable that he is a good guy. That is just the way it goes when compromise is seen as weekness.

Honored Advisor

Jump to solution
Our farms are all within two hours or less of their HQ in Virginia. Here in Carolina, we see their creepy unmarked vans cruising by several times a week.
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Jump to solution

Isn't it a sad state of affairs when you have to be suspicious of every body. 

One time a few years ago a couple pulled off the road and wanted to take pictures of the cows with their heads sticking out of the barn eating.  My son would not let them because you can never know if they are from some nefarious anti Ag group that would twist even a simple picture like that.

You know as far as I'm concerned you can eat any kind of diet you choose.  It is not my problem if you don't eat to be healthy.  But the people that want to detroy livestock agriculture are just kind of weird and two faced.

I am sure that an incredible number of people believe that HSUS is actually a humane group and not a group actually dedicated to the destruction of livestock agriculture not actually caring for animals.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Jump to solution
I see we have Bill Maher viewing in common. I like that, as liberal as he is, he calls even his own kind on BS.

Any image, like most words, can be taken out of context and abused. Kind of makes you think about the primitive tribes that think taking a photograph robs your soul. Maybe they are more right than we thought....
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Jump to solution

Today's news is stating that PETA wants to learn about agriculture in our state and also help it. (not the direct quote) I would not want to be that close to them. You are right to be careful.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Jump to solution

Great...PETA telling us what how to farm....

0 Kudos