cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Perfect day?

We do a lot of venting here...I know I gripe a lot about little things. I try to make a joke outnof most of them, but sometimes, I know it is just b'n and moaning.

Tonight, I have had one of those frustrating days when Hughesnet went MIA again, and I may not even hear from a technician form five days to schedule an appointment. Normally, that irks me to no end, but I figured "That is what DROID is for...io can use it in the house with iPad, or carry it to the office and log that computer online withthe cell, so I am not all that bothered.

Other than that, I guess that todaywas about as quiet and peacefully perfect as any day can be. My new fountain pen arrived on Tuesday, so I got to splatter black ink everywhere while I was priming the nib.

My purple desk was ready at the secondhand sh, so I picked it up and got it into place...and it looks better than I had expected. Really makes the bedroom look better than the dinky table I had on my side of the bed.

Best of all, when I went back put to unload the drawers to lighten up the desk, there was a full rainbow over the far end of the fsrm. It was touching the ground up by the store, which is a good mile away, and a it was glowing like gold. I do not think I have seen that ever before.. It was an amazing sight.

We weren't even forecast rain today, so this was a special surprise. What is it about a rainbow that makes people feel so lucky, just to see it?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Perfect day?

I think I just had the perfect day....woke up in cabin in Jackson Hole WY.....gourmet breakfast....hiking around Jenny Lake in Grand Tetons....afternoon nap by pool....dinner overlookingu town square....shopping....and now reading and catching up on porch overlooking mountains at sunset.....

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

All thanks to my best friend and DH...what a great trip!
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Wow, that sounds great!!  I'll make a note of it for my wishbook! 

Kay, we had a huge rainbow here the other day.  Went over the top of our big barn.  DS called me out to see it - so impressive.  Hasn't been very pretty weather here with all of our rain & wind but many lost power & we didn't, so that was a good day!

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

You know what I mean about a rainbow, then...it just gives me a real lift on some inner level I can't quite verbalize.

I loved the picture of Soilbabe's vacation, too. People who do not get to travel can really appreciate the experiences of those who do vicariously.

Mike and I have joked that the depot of the farm would give us our first chance to really do a vacation in almost 20 years...but, our grandson's due date falls right in the void of pigs, so we KNOW we won't go but so far then! Thus, my agreement to our son's
request to demolish the kitchen right in there, too.

I am trying to figure out what sort of cosmic forces want us to stay put...but, I am not planning to fight them.
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

On Sunday, my DH and I were hauling cattle to the salebarn.  He pointed to our right and told me there was a rainbow.  I was amazed at how you could see all the colors...reminded me of Roy G. Biv!  The violet was so prominant.  At times you could see a double rainbow as well.  Must have been a good rainbow as we got $118.50 for the fats.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Did you drive, fly, bus, or train? Have been to that area twice and it is beautiful. Have you gone on both sides of the Tetons or do they have that one road closed for the season? If you can go by Laramie and the Snowy Mountain Range, it is stunning.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

We came down from Yellowstone on the east side of the Tetons this time. We left a week ago and attended the annual bison roundup in Custer SD before turning south. In Nebraska tonight. visiting farm friends in Iowa and Missouri on the way home so still have more fun ahead. The weather has been pristine!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Guess I should have told you where we live in Nebraska. You may have driven by our area. Then again, your schedule may be full.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I wish I had asked if anyone was along our route....not to impose with a visit but at least to be able to put a place with a "user name". 

We stayed last night with some friends we met last January on our farm marketing cruise.  These friends stayed at our farm in August after delivering a college aged son to school in DC.  We had a wonderful time with them at our place but never dreamed that we would be going through their area of Iowa just a couple of months later. 

It has been a wonderful experience spending time with them, meeting their extended families and seeing their beautiful farm.  Their harvest is so far ahead of ours due to our late spring planting.  Ed is riding the combine with Perry today and wishing we were that close to getting started.  Maybe by the end of next week we will be in the fields.  But for now, just being here is making the month of waiting go by faster. 

We always laugh at the old line "Is this heaven?  No, it is Iowa."  Ed is truly in heaven here in Iowa.  I found myself praying yesterday not to covet.....but I sure wish our ancestors had just kept walking a bit further west....LOLOL

0 Kudos