cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Prayers for my granddaughter, please.

My DGD Madison went for her annual check up today with the cardiologist.  She had heart surgery when she was a year old to repair a hole in her heart that was there when she was born.  At that time they implanted a titanium plug rather than do open heart surgery to to do a surgical repair. 

Anyway, her checkup today revealed some problems.  The plug and surrounding area are restricting blood flow through her arorta.  They had trouble finding a pulse in her extremities and there is concern that the plug is no longer working as it should.

Next step is an MRI and CT scan.  Depending on those results she may need heart surgery again.  My DD was told that she is in no immediate danger and they can go on normally but it will have to be done before too long.  She is eight.  Of course I am beyond scared.  I would really appreciate your prayers. 

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Prayers for my granddaughter, please.

Prayers are lifted for your Madison. I know how it is to have a grandchild that has a sickness. My grandson  is 2 1/2 and has been taking chemo for almost a year, and the Dr. told us the other day he will have at least 2 more years if things go good. My twin grandchildren keep me going. I have a Madison also. Please keep us posted.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

We're here for you & your family.  Prayers are going up right now.  This must be terribly frightening for your daughter, your grand daughter & all of you.  Please keep us posted.  Hopefully, the sweetie will get along  the best as possibe.  I personally know the paralyzing fear you must have, but God will be there for you along with all of our prayers. 

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Please don't think of shoulda's and coulda's at this point. I will pray that the doctors will be able to repair her sweet heart so that she doesn't have any more worries. We're here for you.

0 Kudos
Advisor

Madison and all of you who love here will be in my thoughts. 

Her prognosis sounds very promising, and she is obviously receiving the best of care.  Just think how much medical advances have improved, especially in terms of less-invasive treatments, in the time since she was a baby. 

She will feel SO much better after they address this problem. She cannot have the strength and energy you would want her to  have with a limitation like this restricting her blood supply. 

Wait for the imagery to tell her docs what they need to recommend next. 

One day at a time....

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Amen,   We're here for you and your family. 

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Prayers sent from here for Madison.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Prayers also from here...

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Chick, my heart goes out to you too for such sad news.  We're all still praying for a complete recovery for your DGS.  We all need to remember to enjoy every moment we have with all our loved ones.

0 Kudos
Advisor

Chick....so sorry to hear that your DGS is still having health problems.  I will continue to pray for him.  Thank you so much for your prayers, especially when your family has such a serious concern of its own.  It is so hard to see these precious little ones going through this. 

0 Kudos