cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: Pretty darned cute, huh?

Very nice, I bet you are more than thrilled!  We are expecting 2 in Jan & March!!  not me ----my nieces. 

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Congratulations to all!  Saw it first on facebook and had to come here to see story!  Glad all are ok.  Give him lots of love. 

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Merry Christmas early!!

What a cutie for sure!!!!!!!!!!!

Cigrats a million times over

S.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Hope they are all doing well. Daughter had a rough day and nighton Friday, since she had to give normal delivery a try, before they elected the C- section early Saturday morning. She was consequently on a lot of pain meds and sort of outnof it when we checked in. The nurses had told her they were getting her up shortly after our visit,. Her BP had dropped so much from what she had become accustomed to during the pregnancy, I think she sort of blacked out. Her sister visited and reported to me last night, and I had some concerns, but decided to wait until today and see how she was doing Her evening shift nurse got a change order in her pain management meds, and she sounded like a totally different person - more herself- on the phone just now. I could hear her visitors in the room through the phone, and she was eating her bowl of grits, so that's my girl. Baby is nursing well, making plenty wet and dirty diapers, so next hurdle is when her milk comes in. If nothing prevents it, they expect to come home tomorrow. Mike and i will be busy early in the day with the electrician, who is FINALLY coming to do the work at the store, and fix a couple of things in the hog houses. I have tons to do, to be ready for the Thanksgivng dinner, and then for son to tear out the ktchen a week from tomorrow. Mike and i just made a set of decisions about where things will be moved and stored, and he agreed to painting the cabinets, which I though he would not want to do, but which he says is " fine wth me"! Somewhere in there, we have to set up the pack-n-play, so little guy has a spot to sack out while we eat turkey. Been a while since we assembled any baby furnishings.... BTW, his full name is Winn Lewis Lane, to be called Winn. His middle name is his dad's, his paternal grandfather's and maternal great grandfather's middle name, too. Had that one coming at him from several directions. Got to get busy...Mike just announced he's taking a short bike ride, then I have to be ready to start the list of moves.
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Oh Kay . . . congratulations to you all.   Beautiful child!!

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on the new addition. I'm sure all of you have great expectations for this little bundle of joy! Good hearing that all is fine with Baby Winn and Mom.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Daughter just called after lunch, and we agreed that he looks like his dad...a handsome man. Her OB had been in and removed her dressing, and given her his instructions. If everyone checks out in the morning,I think they will be home by lunchtime Monday, It is REALLY going to be harx to resist rocking him all day long...but, I have told her we are standing back, so they can fond their way as parents. We are the grandparents at the other end of the farm, so will probably see quite a bit of him as he grows. Mike's folks were much older when our kids came along, but they were a fantastic support to us..if we are half as good, that will be more than sufficient. Thanks to all my WIA friends for the well wishes!
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Wonderful grandparents are beyond measure!  I am thankful that Cale & Spencer "had" a grandma for 7 & 9 years of their lives, I wish they'd have been blessed with two sets of good grandmas & grandpas!  I bet that baby will be blessed to have you both so close. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Absolutely  adorable Kay! Congrats to all !  I was just with mine this weekend, it's like a rocket ride back 25+ years , you forget so much of the details. Babies are endlessly fascinating to watch. Who else would you want to watch sleep? Smiley Happy   Enjoy enjoy enjoy! 

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

We stayed home today, but talked to daughter a couple of times. She is much on the mend, more herself, eatng grits...what else can I say? Some of her riding buddies came over and visited, took a new batch of photos to post on FB. His hair shows up so well in these...couldn't see it much with his beanie yesterday. Must be a Lane family trait...he has more hair than all three of ours had put together. Tney are both getting so much perkier today...amazing what a good night's rest can do. She let the nursery nurses watch him during the night, and bring him for feedings, so they could get some sleep in between. You are right about it being a time travel trip... Has dredged up so many memories in just a day or two.
0 Kudos