cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Project board empty

Maybe a thin batting in the quilt?  I think it might depend on how you want to quilt it.  It's easy to do one on a big fraem wiht any thickness, but harder if you are working in smaller sections on a lap frame...but those are old impressions, and I am not a real quilter. 

You know the things you had up before the holidays aren't what you want if you are not looking forward to putting them back.  When that feeling  hits me, I will do a Valentine's decoration or snowman thing to buy time!  One year, I decorated seasonally up to the fourth of July before I got it out of my system. 

This year, I decided I liked the regular stuff on the mantle so much that I didn't even decorate it for Christmas, just hung the stockings.  I may take something off and replace it with a different bottle or teapot occasionally, but it is overall a neat mish-mash.  My favorite florist has done some neat potted orchids in silk, and one of them is good virtually all year long. 

Your entry and my front door!  I keep putting it off, too.  Right now, it is just too cold for the paint, but in another month, I will need to bite the bullet and get busy. 

After I posted this the other day, I realized we'd left off two items that really need doing- some siding repairs and making a better insulated wall for the water supply pipe where it enters the house.  So, the boys have 14 cards waiting for them, and then the house will need staining and such, too  It never ends, does it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

The two bricks make me want to cry!  Let, me guess....eiher he ran short of mortar, or he wanted to "call it a day" that close to done?

Any chance you have a Goodwill or mission that takes donations in town?   They would be glad to take that TV, I bet.  Might even send a pickup van for it, when the roads get cleared up a bit.  They might even want that heater that is in the way, unless you are thinking of installing it elsewhere in the house.

I am no help on connecting the electronics.  Did get a Blu-ray installed in the family room when we changed TVs last month, but it was too simple to mess up, even for me.  We still have a DVD player un-installed in the office. 

Hope things warm up and you can get some space cleared out soon. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

My thinking on craft shops is that they require you to sell the supplies in order to make any profit at all off of them.  Most places that have classroom or studio space do that to draw fresh blood to buy the supplies, which are the real "business." 

My friend who taught me stained glass reinforced this, and I've also heard from other shop owners that I got to know after she closed, that the Internet is too much competition.  People would come in and pick out things from looking at their stock, and then go home and order online to save a buck or two.  Stained glass shops in big cities are struggling in this economy.  Many have closed, or have to rely on repairs and commissioned pieces to survive. 

It would make a decent spot to have a Saturday morning flea market, or even a small farmer's market, or perhaps a combination of the two.  I do not want to have the expense of buying a stock of merchandise, only to find out you guessed wrong abotu what people would buy...to me, that is where you lose your hind-end in business. 

I honestly think that if we clean up and fix the building a bit, someone will show up wanting to rent it for their own business.  Someone else bought it at the tax auction before my seller bought it, and he told me he turned down another prospective buyer, since he'd already agreed to sell to me.  In the meantime, I have one kid who's asked about using it for a business someday. 

I think we will be busy enough fixing it up around the rest of the farm work to wait and see what materializes. 

0 Kudos