cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Proud Grandma

235iCE05C3E9FE2A4E11Granddaughter Madison, age 7, and her gilt 'Pigalicious', won Reserve Champion in the Open Show at our county fair this morning!  I guess I am going to have to eat my words a bit about "not getting it" as I was very excited to watch all the kids and adults who competed.  It was wonderful to see Maddie do so well.  I have attached a photo.   (a bit blurry,,she never stopped moving,,,lolol)

6 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Proud Grandma

Watching the grandchildren show at the fair will make you a fan.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Glad she is learning young.  Hopefully she has learned care and feeding of the animal as well.  To me, that is what is is all about..to be proud of what YOU did yourself.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

You should be proud. I love hearing stories about young children doing something positive and the family sharing the rewards with them. I love the pig name also. I loved it when we raised pigs, I love them. Be proud!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Those pigs never really stop moving unless eating, so it's wonderful to get a picture of your DGD showing.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

I don't know Thing One about livestock showing, but they look like they are doing great to me!

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Her daddy breeds and raises club hogs so she spends a lot of time in the barn with him.  She just loves pigs and loves to show them.  She is expected to do her barn work and be a part of things way before she is allowed to step into the show rings.  My DD and SIL are really good about that.

0 Kudos