cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Proud moment for me today

I agree Kay.   Sadly, another change I've noted in the local HS is they have taken away a lot of the technical areas of study.   There are no welding or shop classes or small engine classes offered.  Those are important areas to me because some kids just aren't cut out to go on after HS.   At least they would have a skill they could possibly use to get a job.   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Most times, common sense is widely wanted in the job scene. Show up on time, work hard, and carry a positive, flexible attitude will garner offers in most jobs. That is what most of us knew by heart by the time we got out of hs, if not college. However, there are many that want a 8 to 5 $50K job once they get out of college so they can pay those college costs (as well as family ones). Getting your foot in the door with 2-8 hour jobs when you're young will do the same and give you twice as big of a network. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I think he would be happy getting any job to get some stability in this world.  His expectations changed dramitacally in the last year or so, sadly but realistically changing his major from something that was going to be difficult to find.

There's a fine line between really reaching for the stars and being realistic and living within your means of what's out there.  Here in the midwest it's different for each major I think.  But what do I know. 

0 Kudos