cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Re: Purposely moving slowly?

What a wonderful worship experience. 

You are right about Tai Chi working on the knees, though!   I can hear mine grinding, bone on bone, which is a creepy sound effect.

It is deceptively slow, but there is a lot of muscle activity involved, to keep balance and sustain the motions.  I was sore as heck the day after my first lesson. 

Second one was better, and I got all the way through the cooldown, which was cut short the first time.  I love the names of the forms...lesson two was "parting the wild horse's mane." 

Trainer stretched me silly yesterday.  I am putting in an extra day of that each week for this month, to see how it affects my flexibility.  The range of motion I am getting now astounds me, compared to a year ago. 

What was your favorite Tai Chi form, so I can channel you when I get to that lesson? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

LA, I think what you are talking about is the difference between eating and dining.  We notice it after supper, when there's just a little more wine in the bottle, the prep dishes are done, and the plates are cleared. 

I love this time, especially in the dining room at Jenna's house, where we have indirect lighting, and the candles are always lit.  We both have remarked that it feels a lot like being on a date.  Have our best conversations about looking back and looking forward, but also just being in the moment. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Please forgive me if I am in a mood!

Kay, That is simply not right.   I hope you can get this resolved.   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Kay, don't remember really.  Instructor was not the best.  I did enjoy it but as I said just too much for my knees.  I feel like an old lady.  Just need to figure out WHEN to do surgery.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Londa, I am really trying hard to put off the knee replacement confrontation. Ortho mentioned it nine years ago, which mean I would be well on the way to needing the second one by now.

Your problem must be way worse, because my trainer is working wonders on my crummy right one. She did a " shotgun" technique yesterday. I was leery, but when I got up this morning, both legs felt as loose as rubber bands. No pain at all. Miracle.

The Tai Chi put a hurtin' on me Monday. I was shocked to feel it so much Tuesday morning. . It really takes a lot of control to move that purposefully.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Please forgive me if I am in a mood!

Me, too! It isteally complicating my ability to focus right now. Talked with my counsel's secretary today. She was making some calls...he had handed her the papers yesterday, and said, " I want to see a Motion to Dismiss With Prejudice". In other words, it has to be gotren over with, with no chance to re-introduce the litugation down life's road.

She was making a third round of calls. I told her if they hadn't filed the motion by end of business tiday, I would want my guy to file, and I will write the check.

This is NOT supposed to happen. I am getting the feeling of wanting to grab someone by the neck, and squeeze hard. Got to call first thing to orrow, then buckle down on taxes. .we have a week from Friday to answer.
I know my guy will do it before then. He is, I know from what his secretary told me today, very concerned, and not happy with the situation, either. When your lawyer isn't happy, it's hard to relax, you know?
0 Kudos