cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Q&A:On a scale of one to ten,

...what score do you give your dinner tonight?

Easy here...all leftovers that taste better the second day. Heated them in foil in the oven, so no pots and pans. All Paleo...unstuffed cabbage with sausage and baked apples for dessert.

We are saving the sweet potatoes with olive oil and sea salt for breakfast.

For ease and flavor, it ranked a nine!
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Veteran Contributor

Re: Q&A:On a scale of one to ten,

Went grocery shopping and they had a ceasar salad kit on sale  .50   Bought that, dumped in bowl, mixed and ate.  So price a "10" Flavor "9"

lol

Had to work concession stand last night at school so something quick is what I needed.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Sounds like a good grocery store " score".
0 Kudos
Advisor

9-10

Baked cod, steamed broccoli, Caesar salad.
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Do you give points for flavor or healthfulness, or average out the two?
Tonight was an 8.5...charcuterie, cheeses, and fruit, with Mike's Spanish red wine. the wine was a ten, though!
0 Kudos
Advisor

Both. Healthy can be tasty despite what Ed says!

I need to add that while I ate healthy he ate a BLT and french fries! However, after nearly a week of barely eating since last chemo I was thrilled to see him eat ANYTHING... healthy or not!
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

When you're going through chemo, calories are what matters because it is so easy to lose appetite and then not eat at all. Even eating with metal utensils can be a turnoff.

I at a homemade fruit salad today. fruit cocktail, moro orange slices, and peaches mixed with juiced pudding. Delicious and healthy.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Healthy-3  Tasty 9  Had steak (pan grilled) DS brought a big box of mushrooms from the local mushroom factory,  I was too tired from a busy day to mess too much so browned in a little butter w/onion.  DS & DH also had fried potatoes.

I had a little salad.

I must add:  I had a terribly trying day.  I was supposed to pick mom up at 8 a.m. for blood work.  She called at 6:30, hungry, needed to go early.  Then took her to Wal mart after she ate.   Then home.  Then back to dr. for my appointment.

Worked on taxes & broke away to make supper quick.  Skin dr. appt. for me tomorrow.  Trying to get caught up medically.  DH has been scolding me for not taking care of myself.  Finally seeing the bottom of the desk.   

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Mine was about 3 ..   Taste 4, health 3, price 2..    Ate at the concession stand at the wrestling meet last night because we simply ran out of time to prepare food or stop at a fast food place along the way.   

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Have to "out" myself on this one for lunch yesterday. We were hung out on the equipment shopping trip, and there was nothing but Hardees on the road nesr lunchtime.

We both have a weak spot for their Frisco burger. Pigged all the way out, including fries! Ten for taste, five for cost, zero for healthfulness. I guess that averages a five.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos