cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Questions

I really hate to complain but this site is very important to me. We were gone last week and I come back and everything is different. I have not had to sign in previously. What has happened? I don't see any other posts about this? I can't see the new messages or the ones I have already read. I also keep noticing how few people seem to be still on the site.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Veteran Contributor

Re: Questions

I still have to sign on 3 or 4 times a day, so I don't check this site as much as I use to. I also feel like a lot of our friends have decided its not worth the trouble. We do have a FB site if you want to join, it is private and I wish more would use it, with this site also. At least it would be more private. This site has brought me many new friends, and for that I will always sign in and love this site.

0 Kudos
Advisor

Hi, Turkey Feather: I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with the site. When you logged in to the site, did you click the box next to "remember me next time"?  That should keep you logged in. I just logged out and back in and didn't have a problem. Sorry about the hassle. Hope this fixes the issue. -- John Walter, Agriculture.com

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Okay, I would like to join the FB site, but how?

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Do a friend request for me (Marsha Johnson VanLaere) and in the message put your WIA id so I know who you are.  I'll send you an invite for the group.  We try to keep it pretty private with just us on the board.  There is another WIA site on FB that is open to all who want to join.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I don't check this site as much either & sometimes I want to post a reply but it's so time consuming I pass on it. I will try to get on the facebook site. 

Q:  How do you keep it private?  I got on through some family & I keep seeing posts to them from people I don't know/care about.  I tried to adjust my preferences but I still see these posts.  I feel really out of it when it comes to computers sometimes.

I don't have a fancy cell phone either-mine doesn't even text.  (my mom says "test", cracks me up because sometimes all this is a test) 

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I'm so sorry some of you are still having trouble staying logged on or getting used to the site. Change is hard, especially when we've grown used to having our favorite sites a certain way and then they just change for what seems like no reason. In this case, we had to upgrade the forums so they would still be supported by the technology that runs our website. We are still working out a few kinks, but please know your input is welcome and appreciated.

If there are specific problems you continue to face, I'd recommend looking in the Announcements & Forum Help group. Chances are your question has been asked and answered already, but if not, that's where the folks who have a better handle on the technology issues are answering questions.

If you haven't already joined the Women in Ag Facebook group, I welcome you to join us!

0 Kudos