cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
linda/IL
Senior Contributor

Quickbooks ?

When I had my computer made they asked me what Quicken I wanted loaded.  My old one was from 2010 and I was quite happy with it but it wouldn't load onto Windows 8.  Well, I made a mistake on the one I agreed for them to put on.   I can't get the categories to seperate into Business Expenses, etc.  I try to change & they stay in the Personals.  I am completely done with my transactions but I'm having to sort through for taxes.  I have been working on this for days.  I do think I am pretty well done-just have to enter onto my spreadsheet so I'm POSITIVE I have everything.  I just know I'll miss something because of this program.

The other thing is that we have changed our way of farming with buying/selling livestock.  Hard to keep track if these were bought or raised animals so today I made DH sit with me & go over it.  Of course, he found a lot to nitpick about.  The Big Quiz for Linda.   

Does Quickbooks work pretty well for all of those of you who use it?  Is there more than one?  I refuse to go any further into  '15 on the program I have.  I'd rather go back to pen & paper.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: Quickbooks ?

I've used Quicken fo about 15 years and cuss it often.  I tried QuickBooks once and gave up on it.

Oklahoma State University has extensive tutorials on Quicken.

I suppose if I was starting over I'd just learn to use QuickBooks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
turkey feather
Senior Contributor

I still use Quicken on my old computer which I am keeping.  My newly built computer is windows 7 so no big changes yet.

0 Kudos
Ianbeer
Frequent Contributor

I've used QuickBooks and latterly QuickBooks Pro since it came out and got my wife to use it for her business as well many years ago. It is by far the most flexible bookkeeping/accounting software out there because it's so simple to create various "enterprises" within your overall business and then track income and expenses for each while keeping them under the overall total business. It also features tons of charts you can use to get a very quick view of the breakdown of income and expenses for each or for your total business. The other really nice feature is that YOU create the names of the income and expense items so it accurately reflects how YOU run YOUR business rather than trying to fit items into someone else's cubbyholes. My wife and I both love it and so does our accountant! In fact, year end reporting to the accountant only requires emailing files from QuickBooks to him and then he has everything right on his own computer. Couldn't be easier!!!  🙂

0 Kudos
linda/IL
Senior Contributor

Thanks for the info.  This is what I am fighting.  Their categories.  And when I put mine in manually they don't go into the the expense/income I want.  As soon as I completely get out of this past year's filing I am starting fresh.  Too much stress with this one.  I actually started out years ago with Redwing software.  It was very involved but worked well.  But every update made things worse and I'm not sure if they are in business now.

0 Kudos