cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
linda/IL
Senior Contributor

RUDE Soliciter

Perhaps you should read my post below first.  While making lunch, phone rang & gal asked for Ron.  I asked who was calling.  "Inland Farm" or some such words.  Couldn't quite make out.  Hearing "farm" I said I made majority of decisions (not really) & what did she want to know.   She wanted to talk to RON.  I said "this is Ron"  she said no you're not-I want to talk to Ron!  Pissed, I said "sc**w it".  and hung up.  Sorry if this is offensive to anyone.  Bad 24 hrs.  Next she called back, asking if I wanted to talk to her supervisor, calling me a f**king bi**h.  I said put them on.  I said they had a terribly rude person working for them.  To which I was told I had a bad attitude.  Hung up & would not answer anymore phone calls.  What rock do these people come out from? 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Ruby Lou
Senior Contributor

Re: RUDE Soliciter

Linda, I am so sorry that had to happen to you.  My husband won't even answer the phone anymore in the evenings.  He said if it is really important, they will call back.  Or leave a message on the answering machine.  We do not have caller ID.  If they ask for my DH, I always ask them what it is they are asking for or where they are from.  Usually if there is alot of noise in the background, I know it is a survey or sales call.  I hang up.  Hope you have a better day!

0 Kudos
linda/IL
Senior Contributor

Frontier rep. said we could stop such nuicanse calls and it will reroute robo calls or unsolicited calls but calls from family members, etc. that come through as Private Caller or Caller Unknown will also be rerouted.  Gonna have to think about this.

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Linda, I, too, am sorry this upset you so much. I just read your post to Mike, and he said that the " Microsoft Tech Team" scammers called his BIL a while back. He pretended that he was following instructions, even though he never moved an inch from his easy chair.

When the guy said something about seeing his screen, BIL said, "Kiss my a$$." The guy responded something FAR cruder. They know they are busted by that point, so will do just about anything.

Mike and I have agreed that unless the caller is someone we know personally, we just hang up...nothing further is said. If the Caller ID isn't familiar, and we see it, we ignore the call. . Helps us not o get ll stirred up.

I had never thought o tell them I am Mike...good one!

0 Kudos
turkey feather
Senior Contributor

I try the same things here when they ask for DH as he will not talk to them. I have never heard of such rudeness from sales people. I wonder who will talk to them?

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Maybe the thing to do, if you happen to get caught off-guard, and have picked up to someone insisting to speak to the husband, is to simply ask,"Who may I say is calling?"

That way, if it is some bogus bunch you have never heard of, you can then just hang up, sure that it's not a legitimate business contact. We all know who our farms and families deal with...and it is not some rude jerk on the telephone.
0 Kudos
lawinkle
Advisor

We dont answer any calls from numbers we dont recognize. Caller ID is worth the money.
0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

This is one of those situations that I think would not be all that difficult to solve, if the telephone compsnies truly wanted to solve it. They get paid for these calls, in some manner.

They certainly sell the service to someone, don't they? I just don't think they really want to stop the abusive calls badly enough to try.

0 Kudos