cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Really good gRilled supper

Mike and I put our heads together for a delicious supper tonight. We wanted to grill, since it is too hot to do much cooking in the house.

I suggested marinating some pork tenderloins in a Hawiian marinade I bought a while back. He did that, then cut the meat and some onions into bite- sized pieces. While I was breakouts asparagus spears and putting them into a flat baking pan with some olive oil and seasoned salt, he skewered the meat and onions.

We had the kabobs with the mango chutney I canned Sunday...this was the one small jar that was stuck in the refrigerator to
sample. It had a flavor almost identical to pickled peaches, but some heat from the diced jalapeños and crushed red pepper flakes added to the fruit.

It was plumb scrumptious, even if we did make it ourselves. So, don't forget to try some good combinations of meat and vegetables done up on the grill on skewers. Cooks very quickly, and any leftovers are very easy to slip off of the sticks and store.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Really good gRilled supper

Have you ever used those cable skewers that are out now? I was wondering how well they worked and how they were to clean. I think that I saw them advertise somewhere for $25 for four of them, and they're stainless steel too.

Some friends of ours have neighbors that own a music store and when we were at their house for a cookout he was using piano wire for a skewer. I went and bought some to try and the idea kind of steam rolled from there to numerous people now using them, with a spear end from a fish stringer (yes it was new and clean)for the point to go through the meat.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Re: Really good gRilled supper

I have seen them advertised, but even in my gadget- addicted heart, couldn't really say I thought they were worth that much money.

Sounds like the music store guy found an alternative...but, to be honest, I am fanatical about things that touch our food being food grade. There are all sorts of containers and sharp things that could be used in a kitchen that aren't food safe. Not worth the potential risk to ke.
0 Kudos