cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Red Hot Chili Pipers

This group of bagpipers is playing at the Waterloo Iowa Irish Festival Aug 3-5.  

I have wanted to see them for a long time.  Google their website if you are interested.  They are not traditional in any sense, kind of a blend of rock and classical bagpipe...really neat music.

Im hoping to order tickets and book a hotel tomorrow.  Maybe I'll see one or two of you there?????!!!!!

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: Red Hot Chili Pipers

Sounds cool...will check them out.  If you eve get a chance, follow my style with Albannach...primal drums and a piper.  Scary good, powerful sounds. 

0 Kudos
Advisor

I saw the RHC Pipers on TV a couple of years ago.  They are from the UK.  Last year they were in Kansas City as we were coming back on our camping trip.  We didnt know it until we were about four hours east of them and after three weeks of camping we were ready to be home so, although we were close, we missed them.  

Having them in Waterloo is pretty  good as Ed will jump at any chance to go to Iowa!  

I just booked a hotel....wooohooo!

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Just curious..do they wear kilts? It surprises me how sexy that look is, on the right guy!
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Did Ed ever get a chance to go through the University's Tractor Testing Museum when you've gone through Nebraska? Maybe next time if not?

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

The newlyweds were going to try to go through the tractor test museum yesterday, But pulling up the website today, it looks like it is closed on Mondays. 

0 Kudos
Advisor

Not yet but when I mentioned your suggestion he told me he wiuld like to go sometime.  Sounds interesting!

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

We have what I think is a Farmall regular that was put together and painted white to depict the white demonstration tractors.  It was auctioned for funds for the tractor test museum.  We were the high bidders, so it sits at our house!  It runs!

0 Kudos
Advisor

Really??  That's neat!

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Re: Red Hot Chili Pipers, And there's more,

0 Kudos