cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Reports of Bin Laden's death

in case you haveN"'ta seen the news today, he was killed when he resisted a team of AmeRicans who enterednhisncompound in Pakistzan on FrIday morning. Last dispatch says Al Quaeda has declared war on Pakistan, and many civilians have been slaughtered.
Is this the begiNning or the end of 9/11?
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Reports of Bin Laden's death

I figure that the enemy will take a day or two to morn and reorganize.   Then they will come back with a vengence.    I have a nephew in Afganistan right now.   He is a 19 year old Marine.   He is sweeping for IEDs.   When they find them they get to blow them up with C4.   He thinks it is cool.    On Easter, when children were looking for Easter Eggs,   their unit found 2 IEDs. 

As much as I hope that killing Bin Laden  would make Al-Queda fall apart I'm afraid they will just came even madder.    I was shocked to find out he was living in a Mansion with family.   Not hiding in a cave. 

Thank you to the men and women in Special- Ops. 

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

You know - that one picture, of a young man that age spending Good Friday looking for explosive - sort of sums it all up for me. 

Do not often cry at my keyboard, but am now. 

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Wonder why the children were looking for Easter eggs,     Muslims don't celebrate Easter.    Funny people in Afghanistan.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Re:I meant US Children

I guess it should have said.  "While children in the United States were looking for Easter Eggs"..   No Afganistan children were not looking for Easter Eggs.   He also got to hand out some candy to kids.   I'm going to make sure and include lots of hard candy for the Marine so he can share. 

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Re: Reports of Bin Alden's death

This day has given me pause. You see my 18 year old son has decided to join the Marines.  He will ship out to boot camp next March.

There is already  so much unrest in the world before today.  I don't know if Bin Laden was really still active with AlQueada but I fear there is no doubt there will be repercussions for today actions.                                                                                                               Yes America needed the satisfaction of knowing we could find the person we hold responsible for the atrocity against us.  But I don't think we truely understand the mind set that allows people to behave that way in the first place and I fear what may be coming in the future as they will surely plan retaliation.

My husband says Islam is really a fairly young religion.  He thinks they are at the stage of their development that Christianity was when it released the Crusades on the world.  Not a pretty picture to contemplate.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Re: Reports of Bin Alden's death

The point about maturity of Islam as a faith is an intriguing one.  I hope they are more moderate as they age than Christianity was...Crusades, the Inquisition, witch trials....

0 Kudos