cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Rough Forecast

It was seventy degrees at 10 this morning, and we are said to be on a winter storm advisory tonight, for icing in the a.m., due ot temps in teh 20s.    Quite a shift in a short time. 

Tornado watches starting to spring up in the region, west of us in central NC and VA for now, but surely will be in our backyard this afternoon and evening.  More high winds. 

I am sure this has blown through some of you the past day or two...please, give me a preview!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Rough Forecast

We had 8-10 inches of snow over two days-Thurs and Fri. About 2/3rds of it has since melted. Don't know how that corresponds with what you will be getting since you are in a lower latitude. Good luck.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Last night we had "thunder-sleet". It was thundering and lighting while it was freezing rain.  Patio and cars had 1/4 inch of hard ice on them this morning.  It wasn't a smooth ice...it was kind of a pelleted type ice.  Now it is sunny and about 32 degrees.  There is actually water puddles in the parking lot.  I think our week is going to be up and down as far as temperature and rain/snow.  Tommorrow is March 1...Yayyyyy, we are on the uphill climb toward warmer temperatures, green grass and flowers.

0 Kudos
Advisor

Here's our Doppler from the six o'clock news..I live just east of I-95, just south of where it says "Jackson."  Looks like an interesting evening ahead.

doppler1-640x480.jpg

0 Kudos
Advisor

Here's my take on the storm

Four A M and I’m still sleeping

Wind is roaring; House is creaking;

Storm is boring.  Husband snoring;

Under the covers; I’m not peeking.

Thunder crashes!  Lightning flashes!

One more CLAP! And now I’m freaking!

0 Kudos