cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Contributor

Sale Over, what a day!

Had over 500 numbers go out so estimated to be over 600 people here.    The lunch ladies couldn't keep up!   Our heated shop was like grand central station!   It was great to see people that I hadn't seen in awhile.

Almost everything went for way more than we hoped.  It Will be an amazing day when we pay off the bank. 

It was very cold and windy here on the ridge, but the farmers were bundled up and those who weren't soon found me dragging them to the house for better gloves, coveralls or hats.

A few things were left here and there have been some farmers who braved the icy roads to come and get their items today.

There were some of our friends and farmers who stayed afterwards and we all had beer and wine to celebrate and there was lots of stories and laughter going around the table last night.   I just sat back and listened.  and exhaled. 

Seems odd not to be rushing here and there to get things ready .  Maybe I can actually do a few things now when Im not driving bus.....what a concept!!!!  

Thanks for all your support everyone!  

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: Sale Over, what a day!

Wonderful news!  Glad it turned out so well. 

Now, catch your breath and relax a bit.  You deserve it!

Thanks for the update...we've all been rooting for you. 

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Glad to hear things went well and better then you hoped, wow what a crowd you had!!   Blessings to you and your family

S.

0 Kudos
diamond173
Senior Reader

So glad that everything went well. Family and friends are great comfort. Make sure the accounting with the sale prices are all in order. Relax and listen to George Straits song **** " She Let Herself Go" ****

Thinking about you a lot and well wishes always.

Darlene

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Fantastic! I'm so happy for you and I know the "paying off the bank" feeling. What a load off of your shoulders! Now you can  look to the future without this constantly on your mind.  Cheers!

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Glad the sale went well for you,and you seen so many of your old friends. Good wishes to you in your new journey in life.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Great news! I am glad you have shared this news with us as I have thought about you often. A new year is around the corner and you can make a fresh start.

0 Kudos
Advisor

That's great!  At the risk of being a wet blanket, let me offer you the advice my Dad gave my cousin after he left farming and had a close out auction.  Don't spend any money until after you figure your income taxes. Uncle Sam may take a big ugly bite.   It would be doubly bad to go through all this only to find next year you owed a big chunk of income taxes you couldn't pay

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Glad things went well. I find that most auctions here are going online. We prefer to go to the sale and see and listen. It is also a good place to meet and greet those that you don't get to see often. 600 at a sale is a lot of people. May the new chapter in  your book of life be a sunny and happy one.

0 Kudos
Advisor

Very good advice, Mike! 

0 Kudos