cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Senseless losses

Saturday an hour north of us 4 boys 14 years old were on a gator going down a gravel road.  Someone with a pickup and livestock trailer ran a stop sign and killed the 4 boys.  This afternoon, we hear of identical twin 9 year olds that were possibly thrown from their ATV  in a pasture and have died.  The ATV was found in the creek.  A couple of motorbikes were found too...This was only 12 miles from us, near where I pass through everyday to and from work.  So sad.  Brings back memories of my son's classmates.  My husband and son ride our ATV to and from the pasture as needed.  I cringe,  and pray they are careful each time.  I guess you just don't realize how heavy an ATV is and how dangerous they can be on and off the roads.  They are doing investigation on the gator accident and have not filed charges yet. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: Senseless losses

I am so sorry to hear of so many families driven to this much grief at once. It does make you wonder what the lost potential of so many young people might mean to mankind....

The owners of the motorcycles are going to know what happened to those poor twins.
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Very very sad indeed.  I can't begin to imagine the grief. There have been so many killed on motorcycles in our area this summer. A lot of tragic stories.

DH just bought a Gator and I see many in our neighborhood.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

I was beginning to think about a Gator or other quad for theVa farm, as the pastures are big, and the land so hilly, you have to get off the lane to see cattle grazing in some of them. Here, you can see across the flat ground for miles, so xan cruise the ciws from the truck. This thread makes me really think twice about choice of equipment....
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

The Gator would be really great for what you are describing. They have a very soft smooth comfortable ride compared to what was traded in and come with seat belts, flashing lights, tail lights etc. Picture four fourteen year old boys and a driver probably in a hurry and you can imagine what could have happened. Throw in the possiblity of high corn on the sides of the road. A very terrible accident that will change a lot of lives.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

So very sorry to hear this.  I use an ATV for scouting fields and am mindful at all times because they are such a low profile that you just never know.  We had a young boy killed not to long ago on an ATV as well.  They think he was coming back from the creek or lake with a big fish and rolled.  Very sad and prayers to all. 

0 Kudos