cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Seventy!

Walked around in dunshine and seventy this afternoon, picking up a whole shirttail full of styrifoam peanuts that had escaped from a box in the chickenhouse/storage shed out back. Snow had hidden them, but they stuck out like a million little sore thumbs.

Had to bypass the ones in the rise beds, as dusk was falling and I couldn't see well enough to svoid thorns. We had run my car to the shop up here to diagnose a check engine light. I followed Mike up, making a stop to drop off a package for UPS on the way. Glad I got that done, since schools are closed already for tomorrow up here. Have a feelng we are going to be breaking out very early.

Sleet again. At least it will hide the peanuts I missed for a few days!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Seventy!

At this point I'm pretty sure Mother Nature is menopausal or something becasue these weather swings are terrible.  We've been in a deep freeze but are suppose to be in the 30's and 40's which will be a heat wave around here.  Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

That is quite a swing for day to day.  We had the iceing on Monday night.  No school on Tuesday for me.  Roads were good by noon though.  Wed and Thursday was 0-10 degrees and next week up to 60's.  Wonder where all our snow is going to go.  have to keep reminding myself to get stuff off the floors in the basement just in case.  Hopefully the ground has settled enough around the house that it will not be as bad as it has been in the past.  Hello muddy roads.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Snow had thawed enough that DH got the truck (4 wheel drive) and the stock trailer stuck in the pasture while unloading calves.  They had taken them to the vet's to have work done on them.  Thank goodnes it was after they got back-not before the appointment.  The office receptionist can be rather owly about us being late.  Not so bad since Ronnie let her have it, reminding her of the many times we waited all day for the vet to come to our farm AND our time is valuable also! 

Anyway, they must have also had trouble getting the tractor started but now they are hard at it, getting things back to normal.

Probably wouldn't have gotten stuck there but he had pulled the grandkids on sleds with the Ranger out in the pasture.  The path did not good for him today.

0 Kudos