cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Sick and tired

Thought I would have a quiet evening last night. mike had gone to Jenna's house, while I stayed here and kept Winn through hus preschool morning, nap and playtime afternoon. Fixed a big salad for supper, read and watched some TV he doesn't care for that much, curled up about 11:30, and started snoozing.

Woke up with queasy stomach about 1:30. Got no more sleep Up and down with N&V all night. Should have expected it, since Winn had upset tummy Sunday afternoon when he was over here. I seem to always catch his GI bugs...

This was on top of a pretty bad fall yesterday morning. Was toting out his book ag and my pocketbook, while he and Mike packed his snacks. Caught one foot in the flagstone, tripped and landed on my left elbkw, absorbing my weight there and on up into the shoulder. Sore as crap this morning.

Mike's due back this mornng...he got his fencelines sprayed and the mile and 1/2 of paths up there graded yesterday. I aaked him to make one stop, to talk to the custom sprayer about the pastyre weed control pass, before he heads home. Expect him by ten at latest.

Hoping the hay really won't go today. i am really in no shape to keep Winn all day on my own. Sitting here with a glass, sipping ginger ale.

Trying to get my innards settled down, and something to stay in. Supposed to get stretched by the trainer this afternoon...really need that, after that fall.

Just feel like I am falling apart, right when they need me most. Depressing....
0 Kudos
5 Replies
turkey feather
Senior Contributor

Re: Sick and tired

I hope you feel better very soon. Take care.

0 Kudos
linda/IL
Senior Contributor

Sorry to hear you are sick.  Since my bad fall last year both knees are a major issue.  I simply don't have the balance I used to have, or maybe it's the ability to adjust quickly because there isn't the "guts" in those knees.  Bone on bone, etc.  Hoping to put off replacement until next winter.  Tired of not being able to distance walk, garden, etc.

I am a Eucharistic Minister & Ronnie holds his breath every time I step down the steps off the altar (no railing).  He worries more than I do.  The Synvisc injections are not helping much anymore.

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

At least Winn arrived in his PJs this morning. i am still in mine, too. After a brief insoection of the backyard, maybe fifteen minutes, he decided none of the trees had grown enough limbs to need more pruning.

It was cool and breezy out there, so he's curled up in an afghan, eating blueberries and watching his cartoon right now. Mike is about an hour out, so I hope to get a bath when he gets back.

On top of the GI issues and bruises from the tumble yesterday, both ears are stopped up this morning. The amount of hearing I have left - or don't have left - is sort of scary. Have a catch that is bouncing back and forth from knee to knee, then leaving for a day, sometimes a half-day. I think that was what made me fall yesterday, really.

Just feel I am falling apart. Just want to sleep for about a week.
0 Kudos
linda/IL
Senior Contributor

Sleeping would probably be a good thing, when Mike comes back to help with Winn.  We don't seem to bounce like we did when we were younger, does it?  Do you think your ear problem could be allergies?  Have you gone back to the doctor?  I sure wouldn't wait too long beings you already have a hearing problem. 

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Made it a point to turn in extra-early last night, and slept about a half-hour late this morning. The trainer worked out the worst of my knee pain...she was shocked at how tight my whole right side was, and was concerned about the fall I took Monday.

Shoukder is much better today, knee not a touch of trouble. I have been cooking and doing yardwork with Winn allmor ing, and we are wrapping up lunch with him nibbling fresh blueberries and settling down towards naptime now.

I think dreading Jenna's birthday today had really gotten me down more than I like to think. I started a nice Boston butt in the crockpot last night, and smelling it done this morning started me off on a better foot. We are having a grab and run supper, as they are baling today for the first time.

Winn helped me get apples sliced for baking and coleslaw for sides done, then we figured out how to add a section onto his swingset, did some minor gardening, plus a good amount of playing. Staying busy has helped.

Getting Winn onto some semblance of a schedule, while his other set of grandparents have been camping cross country for a month is helping, too. He actually has stopped fighting the naptime, as is precious when he wakes up, fresh and rested, for our late afternoon playtime...we'll be hauling water to the baling crew today!
0 Kudos