cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Silly horror shows?

Svengoolie comes on Me TV here at Jenna's house, on the antenna. We end up here a lot on Saturday nights, and have started flipping to this goofy show, not so much watching the movies ( which are terrible), but laughing at how stupid they are.

Mike mentioned it as we were waiting for it to come on last night...we had a local silly horror show host in Petersburg, VA, back before syndication filled this niche. His name was " Bowman Body". Bill Bowman was a real local celebrity. We watched that show back when we were dating.

I would cook Mike a late- night supper...usually fried perch or one of those boxed pizza or spaghetti meals. We'd cuddle up on my parents' love seat on the den, and mostly not watch that show, too....

Just a silly question this morning:are any of you late-night horror movie fans? I can't watch the modern ones, which are too realistic and really scary...but the old ones with bad spcial effects are great fun for us.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Suey73
Advisor

Re: Silly horror shows?

I do not watch scary movies.    I think it was the flying monkeys.    When I saw War of Worlds in sixth grade I was certain if I looked out my bedroom windows I'd see that  "eye".     I didn't know what  Silence of Lambs was:   After renting the VHS  I had to go out by myself in the dark to check the farrowing house.  

0 Kudos
Suey73
Advisor

Re: Silly horror shows?

And we watch alot of METV.    Especially on Saturday nights.   Tom likes  Wonder woman and Star Trek.    I like the Saturday afternoon westerns  and the weekday afternoon lineup.   It helps keep me calm while trying to paint in the big house. 

0 Kudos