cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Snow

This time the weather forecast is right on target. The rain began yesterday late afternoon turning to ice and then snow. It had stopped when I got up this morning but began again at 7 and is getting heavy with huge flakes now. We are in the band to get 5 to 7 inches but I think there must be that much now. Schools are closed which is good. I am sitting in front of new windows on two sides enjoying watching it snow. I don't think I will be going out for a few days with my walking problems.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: Snow

Nothing prettier than a snowfall you do not HAVE to go out in, right? Maybe a good time to rest, do some online shopping?

We are going to start hearing soon how the storm is holding back Christmas spending...watch for that " news".

Oh, Mike and I looked at each other the other day when the TV weatherman predicted that 27 states were to be affected by this
storm, putting 40 million Americans in its path. I guess we had never realized how sparsely that region is populated.

Stay warm and keep us posted. We worry about you folks out in the sticks!
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Amazingly, we are getting missed this time.. Just cold.  I can do cold, HATE snow!  My daughter and her in-law family left this morning for New Orleans....I wish they would have flown.  Cruise boards at 1:00 on Sunday. Hopefully they will stop half way and let some of the storm pass and get the roads cleared before they head on into southern Missouri and Arkansas.  Who knows what they will do.  Signed:  Worried, Helicopter Mom!

0 Kudos
Advisor

We are suppsedto get 5-8".  The Cinci weather people are going nuts.  Not as bad as a potential tornado, but laughable to me with my background of living in NYs snowbelt.

I loved having a snow day on my day off.  I spent the day making 35 homemade cards, 15 more to go.  The rest will get store-bought.

I made jambalaya.  Ed has a huge wood stove fire going along with the pellet stove.  Soon all of our kids will be home safely from work, God Willing.

Once my loved ones are safe I will enjoy this snowed in weekend.  I feel badly to miss a Christmas party in Indiana that we looj forward to each year.  Its been rescheduled for next weekend but we have four events that the grands are performing in at church or school.  We will be in Cleveland, Columbus and Lebanon from Thursday to Sunday night.  I hope the weather cooperates.  

Stay warm and safe!

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I was wondering how many would get it.  Our relatives in Mattoon Il area had been posting on facebook much the 

same as Turkey.  We are like Ruby & just very cold.  I haven't been doing many chores; takes longer to get ready than to do them.  I will enjoy watching the weather from my rocking chair looking out my picture window.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

It is sure COLD here. Below 0 for wind chills. Supposed to be warmer tomorrow, but... then we get SNOW. At least it should be over by mid-day Sunday. Supposed to get 3-4 inches of the white powdery stuff. YIPPEE-NOT! Will be glad when my trapper cap comes, but with it coming from the East Coast, might not make it here very quickly. 

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Just plain cold here!  Nights are -5 with wind and cattle fountains freezing and the one here at the house ran all night after DH thought he fixed it.  My poor cows have to cross a huge ice spot to get to water and their grain feedings.

Burrrr

Best thing I bought though the other day was flannel lined jeans.  Just love them!!!!!

S.

0 Kudos
Advisor

Guess I'd better check in.  Like Ruby, Linda and Sundae,  we are just plain cold.  SO glad not to have to worry about outside hogs.  DH is putting on dry fertilizer  so he is in heated cab.    Tonight we quit a little early so we could get to Galesburg to watch a movie.   I've been wanting to see Catching Fire.   It was okay,  but you really need to have the books for some things to make sense.   Still hard to see all the violence and blood.   Does make you think... would I be ready to make a stand?   Hope so. 

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Beautiful morning with the sun shinning on the ten plus inches of snow. I am not going out to measure. We are to get more tomorrow. It snowed for twenty four hours on top of a thin layer of ice. It is unusual. One building has a sloped roof and the snow looks like a very smooth icing on a cake, the snow looks like it was shaped with a huge knife. It is so perfect it does not look real. Pines are heavy with snow too. Six degrees this am.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Sounds beautiful, but glad it is you and not us! If we got thst today, Mike would be sornding the whole weekend clesring fsrm paths for feed truck and livehaul due on Monday. He despises moving snow!
0 Kudos