cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

So whose made the trip to here?

Well I think I made it here.  Trying to figure out some of the features.   Might even see if  I can get a photo to load sometime.  

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: So whose made the trip to here?

I guess I am here but I am not sure I like it yet....when is everyone else coming over?  I just posted something about when we all officially move over on the old page?  I don't want to miss anything and I don't want to have to go to two sites.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Okay, here I am! Change on computer sites is hard for me and I'm still feeling this one out.  And I don't want to have to check both sites to make sure I get to read what everybody has to say!  But, like all other changes in my life, whether I willingly make them or they are "thrust" upon me, I will manage one way or the other.

Honored Advisor

For the present, the only posts I intend to put on the old site are ones designed to help people make the transition to here...unless someone shows up with a real problem needing help of some sort.  If we would all agree to do that as much as possible, then there is less chance that we will miss anything that oru bunch needs/wants to get out to us. 

I think maybe the transition will go smoother once people realize that you do not have to re-register to post here if you;'ve been posting there.  It's kind of like getting a new car...you know it's nice, and you're happy to have it, but you still reach for the windshield wipers in the wrong place for a while. 

This format is very similar to the Blackboard platform that we use in school for online course components, so feels very comfortable to me.  I think you will all be fine with it when you have a couple of days of visiting here behind you. 

Veteran Contributor

Is there a way to make the posts open up all at once like the old site, or do we have to click on each one every time and not be able to see what others posted before?

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Kay: Excellent comparison with the new car and windshield wipers! I love it.

Old and Rusty: From a post in the "Forum Help" group: Have you tried using the linear view of the messages? You can change to this from the current topic view, which is the default. Go to "My Settings," and click on Preferences. Then click on "Display." Where it says "Board layout," switch to Linear layout. Maybe that will make it easier for you to navigate. The big advantage is seeing all the messages in a thread at once. But, you lose the threaded view of the replies.

Hope this helps!

Lisa

Veteran Contributor

Thanks Lisa! Much better now, I can see the replies without opening each one!

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I updated my settings too, and it's a major time-saver not to have to open messages individually with my slow Internet connection. Yay! Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I just found it, but I am not sure how !!!!!!

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Here's the first mobile post.

Thanks for making this availabke, SF!
0 Kudos