cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Some jobs just cannot pay enough...

...no matter what the salary. Mike drove Winn and me to the nursery school this morning, and we both walked him in. He was chipper, and positive. When we got to the door, he went inside, then I think noticed that several of the other 2-year-olds were starting to melt down, so his little face started to crumble, too.

I told Mike to turn and go, which is what you have to do, and let them realize they can get it back together with their teacher's help. As we caught a last glance, there were nine little boys, almost all of them crying, sort of bouncing around the room like pingpong balls. I have yet to see the single girl in that class.

It was pitiful, but I found myself laughing as we got into the car, saying, " those two girls cannot get paid enough to deal with that!" When we got back, almost two hours later, all but one of them were playing pretty happily on the nice playground. That unhappy one was at the far end of the fenced play area, bawling and announcing, "I am crying!"

I know that by Halloween, they will all be fine and looking forward to their two hours of fun. Winn told us, " I was crying!" We said, " But you got over it and had fun, right?"

He was very busy when we drove up, hanging with a cute kid named Trip. He hugged and kissed his head teacher goodbye at the door, and I see that he is developing trust in her, so HOORAY! Over lunch, he told his Mama, "I had fun!"

I would give a dollar to have had a video of that first five minutes this morning. Those two ladies deserve a medal!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Some jobs just cannot pay enough...

Have you ever noticed that some people are just cut out to do certain things!   Thank goodness!!!    This is one job I don't think I could do..  

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Re: Some jobs just cannot pay enough...

Funny story!  Not me either, I could not deal with that many little ones.

0 Kudos