cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Sort of shocking

When the chiropractor hung my xrays taken yesterday, when I went it for my first adjustment today, I was shocked to learn I had a broken vertebrae. No wonder it's been bothering me!
0 Kudos
12 Replies
turkey feather
Senior Contributor

Re: Sort of shocking

What is the plan for healing?

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Typical chiro regimen right now...no telling how or when the fracture happened. It lets the vertebrae settle down onto and slightly compress the disc. That at least explained the sciatic pain. The neck/shoulder is more arthritic damage. The whole thing has sort of a double -S curvature, so not at all normal looking. What a mess!
0 Kudos
turkey feather
Senior Contributor

I feel for you as I know how that pain is. Hang in there.

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

It really shocked me, because I've had fractures before, and there was no mistaking the pain. This must have been a sort of " silent" one...I literally heard all the others when they broke.

Oh, well, been running around with Winn since seven this morning, getting him ready for the ride to Virginia Beach to see SIL's side. They just left at ten. Now, to clean up the wreckage, run the vacuum over one last rug, and rest a while before starting to cook dinner for all.

0 Kudos

And you just get sent home?   I'm guessing not too high up.  When Tom got hurt he had cracked  #2 and #3.  If they had been broke he would have been dead.     His main pain was one that radiated around his shoulders.   He said it kind of went from shoulder to shoulder and his skin was hot and red in that area.    He had high powered narcotics,  steroids and muscle relaxers.   Hope you feel better.  Then might be a sign to back off a little more.  

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

L5, I think. Has been allowing the channel for the left sciatic to shut too much...thus, numbness, burning on that side from the hip down.
0 Kudos
ND Farmer 1
Frequent Contributor

Kay, This is really none of my business. My advice to you is that really you should go see a real doctor.
0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

I appreciate the advice. The chiro just caught this late Wednesday. I am planning to call the MD when they are back in the office, next week. I imagine a bone density scan is in my near future.
0 Kudos
Ruby Lou
Senior Contributor

My chiro x-rays showed that I had broken my butt bone.  I didn't know that.  I recall a time that I had fallen on an icy pond and sat on a log in the cold until everyone else was done ice skating.  I was in pain for several days after that, but didn't go to the doctor.  I am sure it is when it happened.  I couldh hardly move, just thought I'd twisted things and that the cold set in.

0 Kudos