cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Contributor

Spencer'sBoots

If you'd like to see the boots Sp has begged me not to throw away...www.merryyon.blogspot.com

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Advisor

Re: Spencer'sBoots

Well, thank you for a bright spot in my day!  I laughed out loud when I saw those...

I have a compromise to suggest: Find a boot repair shop and get them half-soled.  Unless I missed something, the uppers looked not too bad, and the heels still have some shape to them. 

Unless the uppers are shot, you could even have new soles and heels put on.  Most places still have a shoe/leather repair shop...and it smells heavenly!  One of my chores as a young wife was to keep Mike's shoes carried to the cobbler and back.  (God, we are old!)

I'd also suggest you print out that photo, and write a letter to whatever company you bought them from, and ask if they still make the boots.  Tell them you cannot pry them away from your teenaged son...they will get a kick out of that, I think. 

If they do definitely have to go, maybe you could make a couple of those boot birdhouses or planters out of them.  I vote with the kid...I hate to toss favorite footwear. 

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Those boots look like they are just betting broke in right.  Smiley Very Happy  It's tough to part with a good pair of boots, can't blame the boy for that.  LOL

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

He's a keeper.  Nice he appreciates quality boots  and knows that new ones will cost.    But.... this is a growing boy.   Surely he has out grown them by now, hasn't he?Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Comfortable footwear only gets thrown away by Moms in secrecy (and replaced with similar boots). Boots do cost money. I'm with Kay and getting them resoled if they can be worn. I've seen some boot lamps. At the very least, get some pictures of them on your son. He'll appreciate them when he gets older and looking for similar boots.

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

He is wearing them...they'll be too little in about 30 minutes to justifly the cost of resoling.  It has been fun to watch him plead their case.   
0 Kudos
Advisor

I forget about kids outgrowing shoes before they can wear them out.   Ours all got Mike's big feet, and there were spells when we went through shoes very month or so, they were sprouting so fast. 

0 Kudos