cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Spirits lifting....

Winn took his first tour of duty as a volunteer at the bird park with me today. We left as soon as he came over with his Mama this morning, and we got back for a late lunchtime. He fed flamingos, made a lot of new friends, and was just a joy to have along in the backpack, while I learned the ropes of the newest exhibit.

This is about our third nice day...right at 90 for the past two. The men are making great strides on the yard-work here, they've done all the moving and cleaning out I've asked them to do, and the finishing touches are planned for tomorrow and Friday.

Helper in Va is winding up the last house there, and that yard is on our radar for this weekend. The bulbs at Jenna's house are coming into their full glory, and a quick glance at the perennials yesterday showed a pretty good survival rate, over this tough winter and tardy spring.

Rain on the way tomorrow night, and w will need it by then. Everything is greening up, budding out, coming up at long last. I can literally feel my spirits starting to lift, too.

Hope you are feeling spry with spring's arrival, too. What is bringing you elevated spirits most these days?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
wt510151
Senior Contributor

Re: Spirits lifting....

It sure isn't the weather. Yesterday was in a winter weather watch. Today had snow and drizzle. Ice on the car in the morning. A bit slick on the roads. Winter hasn't given up its death grip yet.

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Be careful what you wish for...we went from forties to ninety in a matter of days. It feels nice, but people are already complaining about the heat here!

As for us, you can practically see the grass growing in the hayfields at last. That will be the next big job here.

Hope things straighten up and fly right in your climate soon! Stay safe.
0 Kudos
dairy mom
Senior Contributor

dreary spring here so far.  Still really cool.  40 for high today, sleeting stuff this morning and a very cold wind out of the north.   Hubby was speculating that all the frost isn't out yet the way the rain from the last couple of days ran.  Had a few really nice days earlier this month but sure would appreciate a little sunshine now.  But don't want to complain because this last big winter storm is missing us and not warm enough for the nasty stuff south of us.  Gotta love those big lakes that protect us from so much.

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

This morning, the breeze was absolutely cool and the air so clear. Mid-seventies this afternoon, which is perfectly seasonable. Sun so bright, it hurts your eyes.

Winn and I had the huge empty porch to play in this morning...wind chimes in two corners tinkling. We spread out a quilt and played with a huge bowl of seashells, danced, just loved sharing life for a couple of hours.

His other Gma has the flu we ll had last week, so this was an extra chance for us to be together. Lucky me...hope your spring arrives ASAP,
0 Kudos