cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Spring Women in Ag get together in Moline

QCCA Garden show.jpgWomen in Ag 2011.jpg

We had a nice time together at the JD Pavillion, Isabel Bloom, Watermark, and the QCCA Home and Garden Center.  We had a nice long lunch together too.  Poor Suey couldn't talk very well though.  A case of laryngitis.  Hope she is feeling better. I sure all of us were very tired at the end of this day!  I was.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: WIA Get Together

It was such a fun long-week-end for us and we needed it after a stressful winter. We arrived home this evening. I really enjoyed meeting you ladies in person. My tour guide was very thoughful in showing me some sites. My DH is asking if this will be a yearly event?

We missed snow here on Saturday but it is amazing how much greener every thing became in four days. I am not sure I am ready for the intense days of spring and summer but here they come, at last?

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Re: Spring Women in Ag get together in Moline

I wish I could have made it, but thanks for sharing the photo! Remember, if anyone wants to get together in Des Moines this summer, I'd be happy to host and arrange a tour at Meredith. The Better Homes & Gardens Test Garden is amazing and I know you would all enjoy it!

~Lisa

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

We did discuss this, Lisa, and we would like to do this.  I'm not sure if this year is a "go" for us or if we should do a long range plan for next year.  If we can get a good size group together I think it would really be great.  Any comments on this, gals? 

Senior Contributor

Thanks for posting the picture. I really hope to meet all of you one day, and I know in my heart that day will come. So glad some of you had a great time. I am so glad that this site has brought so many great people together.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Would the tour be during the Iowa State Fair? The city is busting at the seams with drivers during it. I never know what my schedule is from one week to another so I may be able to go. I simply can't commit to it.

0 Kudos
Advisor

Would you please tell us who is who from left to right... just your "handles" not real names.

I so wish I could have been there and I hope that the next time I will be able to...

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Turkey feather, Ruby Lou, Suey, Linda/IL

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Lisa, I remember touring the Betty Crocker Kitchens years ago in Minneapolis for a 4H trip. (I think that is the city where it was) we recieved a Red Spoon like the one on the boxes.  I must have worn mine out or it got used on my behind and broken.  A Few years ago I found some red Betty Crocker spoons at a store and I grabbed several of them!  I always think about going to the Country Woman store/complex in Greendale Wisconsin someday too.

0 Kudos