cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Stormy night/sleep tight

Glancing at the overnight radar loop from our favorite weather report this morning,  I can see why I was stirred up several times in the night by noises from above.  Biggest storms moved through around three a.m., with really bad lightning and thunder, lots of wind...it will be a stick-picking-up week in the yard as I go about my next few days.  Perhaps that is the tradeoff for not having to drag around the water hose for a few days. 

I think that was the third time I was awakened between midnight and three, but the rainfall was only about 3/4 of an inch.  Perfect amount to soak in and not run off here.  We got the same amount of rain lastThursday, and the forecast is for several days of 50-80% chances this week, so pretty likely to get some more.   We had gotten dry after three weeks straight with no rain at all, and spring planting in the county was at a standstill. 

At least every time I woke up, I fell right back off to sleep again.  Am trying out a new insomnia-fighting tactic the last several nights, and it's working out well, although the shots may be a factor that I need to weed out, to see how well the new strategy works alone.  I will report back if it continues to be as helpful as it's showing itself to be so far. 

Being able to sleep now, after several years of not being able to sleep well most of the time,  is a strange feeling.  Need to see how things go when I start up class demands again this Thursday.  If I can still sleep when the instructors start cranking it up, this will be a miracle cure. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
manureseller
Senior Contributor

Re: Stormy night/sleep tight

I unfortuantly didn't sleep all that well last night and it wasn't because of storms.  It seems that though we have a queen bed and Todd was down at his parents lake place for fishing opener I had the company of two dogs in bed with me.  The only problem with that is Paige seems to think that SHE gets the whole bed.  Needless to say it was a battle for the bed last night.  LOL  Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Re: Stormy night/sleep tight

I feel your pain...Little Girl (who has gotten back down to her normal body weight of around 62 pounds now) has decided that my side of the bed is OUR side of the bed once the sun comes up.  With a king-sized bed and a slim husband, that isn't too bad, until she decides to start nosing me for a belly rub!

I cannot complain about the rnighttime behavior...she stretches out in the bedroom doorway and protects us from the boogeyman while we snooze.  If I get restless, she follows me to the family room, so I can read myself to sleep again.  Her favorite roost there is the settee that the Heathen occupy in turns until they kennel up every night. 

That is when Pepper starts to play musical beds, too.   Then, we have Riley in his own room in Mike's office. Since he aggravates the Heathen by barking at them while they are penned, they carry that grudge into the house with them.so he has to be kept apart. 

The only thing more complex than sleeping arrangements with this many animals is feeding time.  We have three on special diets due to age and/or health concerns.  It's a three-ring circus, but it's home sweet home to us. 

0 Kudos