cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

TV

Been trying to see if there will be any good shows this fall. Hmmm. Maybe should get more kindle books. I find it interesting that we now have 4 stations showing "oldies". Just got a new one last week. Went out to dinner Saturday & everyone chimed in with what time/station their favorite oldie came on. Sign of our age, expense of the new season or whatever but this is what we find on our TV a lot. BTW a new serial on PBS "Last tango in Halifax." Haven't watched it all yet. Some hard to understand but looks interesting & also watched one on the Great Plains. Had to leave so recorded but think DH will really like that one. PBS seems to have better quality shows.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Frequent Contributor

Re: TV

"Last tango in Halifax." . Quite a few episode's to the story.   It was filmed in Haifax around the Yorkshire Dales.  I watched it while back home in England last year,   Not sure how many episode have been shown on PBS but in the second to last they are in a large Elizabethan House in a town called Driffield,    which is where our wedding reception was held in 66.  .    Lovely place Yorkshire.  miss it a lot. When we came to live in the US 40 years ago I could not get over how flat the mid west is,  "miss them hills" lol.  I hope you get into the drama of Last Tango,,,,   They are making another series to show next year. 

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

(Try this again) I think last night was first episode. Hope to watch on my kindle tomorrow.
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

We had to swap our DVR out for a new one a few weeks ago. mike made a written list of the many series we enjoy throughout the year.

There are so many channels and seasons for different series are on all sorts of schedules, it is impossible to remember them all.

Boardwalk Empire premiered for the season last night, Homeland is coming up soon.

Dexter is winding down the entire series this month, as is Breaking Bad. Sons of Anarchy is coming back this week, I think. The White Queen is waiting for us to watch several episodes. True Blood is done for this year. Under the Dome is getting weirder by the week.

We like lots of different types of programs, and inside the household, our tastes are a god bit different...I can watch just about anything, or tune it out and read or surf. Mike has to like what's on, and I have given over the remote permanently. His taste is more guy stuff...Ray Donovan, Strike Back, that sort of thing.

We are finding ourselves watching more foreign-made series now than ever.
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

We are both having a harder time grasping dialogue
I know that van be she, but I hear other stuff okay. I think it is so many accents, so many ethnic characters now
0 Kudos