cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

The Y generation

I wanted to attach the email to the post we were doing a few days ago but I didn't remember the title. Short version.

The generation born before 1946 was the Do Nothing Generation

Those born from 1980 to 2010 are the Y generation.

" Y get a job"

"Y clean my room"

" Y leave home"

"Y should I wash my clothes"

"Y get my own car when I can drive yours"

And at the end  a picture of a real Y. Above the rear view of the low sitting  jeans!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: The Y generation

The young sdults close to us in that age bracket are very hardworking...although, I can see why the Y stereotype is somewhat accurate overall. Going back to my feeling of guilt, I guess you'd cal it, over the failures of our generation to prepare that one for the world, and improve the world for them...is this all their fault, or did our crowd give them false expectations?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Just a little at a loss here, "The generation born before 1946 was the Do Nothing Generation"      Is that a slight missprint,??

I know people born from 1945-6 to the mid 50's were known as "The baby boomers".   But i was born in 43 , a war time baby, and so was 18 in 61, and the most wonderfull time to be that age,   We could drive, go into pubs. (UK) and the music was good,   Plenty of jobs and work, that was because no one gave you anything, you had to work,     Which all leads up to an enjoyable retirement.

Well thats how it's supposed to be,     So how does "born before 1946 fit in ???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Correction, before 1946 was the 'Silent Generation'.

This email was to be taken lightly. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Ha Ha,   I was taking it lightly Linda,  "thats my style"   (least i think it is)  ,  But before 1946, woa woa, "Silent Generation"   all them bombs an what.   Still, i take your point "TYG"    I see it in my Grandson, But like Kay mentions.  his Mum and Dad, they work their socks of and still strugle , while the "Can't (could) work wont work"   sit back on their Benifits,

0 Kudos