cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

The worst 24 hours of my life...

...started about two o'clock yesterday afternoon.  Our younger daughter Jenna called to say she was on the way to the family doctor's office in Virginia.  She was having difficulty breathing. 

A few minutes later, she called from the  doctor's office. to say she had passed out, and that they were calling an ambulance to take her to the local ER.  This caused me to shift from just packing my overnight bag, to telling Mike to get ready to drive up there with me. 

By the time he got cleaned up and we got there, she was already gone.  It was like dreamwalking through the most traumatic nightmare a mother can ever have. 

So, today, I finished up the worst 24 hours of my life by concluding the final arrangements for my 30-year-old child.  I would rather have died myself. 

Natural causes, not a thing anyone could do to save her.  Just had to let my besties know. 

0 Kudos
38 Replies
soilbabe
Senior Contributor

Re: The worst 24 hours of my life...

Oh my God. Kay, I am deep in sorrow for you and Mike and your family. If I could, I would come through this keyboard to hold you and cry with you. Please accept my deepest sympathy. I mourn for you and dont know what else to say. I am so sorry.
0 Kudos
Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

I too, am at a loss for words.  One of my best friends growing up, died in his lower 30's, from a Staph infection, and the sorrow I saw on the faces of his parents, was about the most heart-wrenching thing I have ever experienced. 

About all I can say, is we're praying for you, to find peace and comfort.  Remember these words:

Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.

I wish we weren't so far away, so I could help in any way I could.

Hang in there.

Neb

0 Kudos
mike se il
Advisor

Kay,

I'm ... speechless.  I want to say something but haven't a clue what beyond we're thinking of you.

Mike

0 Kudos
dave.charlesworth
Frequent Contributor

Kay, I'm sorry to hear of your loss,my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. As Neb said  I too wish I wasn't so far away so I could help You out with chores or anything to help out.

0 Kudos
wt510151
Senior Contributor

I'm so sorry that you had to go through this ordeal. The worst shock parents have is when their child dies. I can't hardly imagine the hurt you, Mike and the rest of the family are going through. Please remember you are in many families' prayers here, as well as in your own community.

0 Kudos
Suey73
Advisor

Oh no!   There are no words that could truly  help.   Know that your family is our thoughts and prayers.   Take care of each other.  May your family feel the thoughts and prayers of all of us. 

0 Kudos
Sundae1964
Veteran Contributor

What a way to check in on friends and to see this!  Kay my heart goes out to you and like the rest here wish we could be there for you and your family.  My heart aches for you, as life will never be the same.

May God keep you close at this time and see you through this.

I am sorry, no mother should have to go through this.

Sandy

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Everyone else has gone home, and it's just Mike and me now.  We finally got to have a talk between just the two of us. 

He wanted to know if I had had a chance to tell all of my Internet friends yet.  I told him I sat down a while after we got home today, and explained that we were in the midst of this family crisis. 

It all happened so suddenly, we hadn't really absorbed it as it was happening yesterday.  It was like walking underwater. 

Today was another matter...it got real fast, and stayed that way, all day long.  I am just hoping that the sleep I lost last night all night long may be found tonight. 

Thank you all for your loving support. 

0 Kudos
dairyfarmgal
Frequent Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss, Kay. We are praying for you and your family.

0 Kudos