cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Three inches and counting...and starving!

Since the biosolids went Mike's place in the third week of July, we had only 3/10 of a inch of rain, until night before last. Woke up to 4/10 yesterday, and arrived to find storms last night dumped 2.4 inches. From the repirt, my place looks like it coukd've gotten close to four inches last night alone.

It has been cloudy, drizzly, and on,y 72 degrees here today, after the 100-and-something heat indexes of late. Mike drove me to town, and we got stocked up at Dam's...all the meats are vac-packed and in the freezer.

What is it with buying griceries and not wanting to cook, anyway? I looked at him when we git back in the loaded truck, and said, "You kniw, zking's is open today...." That has always been our favorite barbecue joint. The day we had dentist's appointments in July, they were closed for vacation...bummer! We will have to plan on a different month fir that trip next year!

Anyway, we agreed on that fur supper...the chicken that was thawed in the refrigerator from yesterday is cooked for chicken salad now. Going to make a cold salad supper tomorrow night...before fall is here and it just dorsn't seem right. A day like todat really lets you know we are past midsummer here.

And, rain is on the radar again....
0 Kudos
2 Replies
turkey feather
Senior Contributor

Re: Three inches and counting...and starving!

Sounds like the system that come through here bringing much needed rain on Thyursday, the first day of school.

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Re: Three inches and counting...and starving!

Glad you got it, too! Hope all the kids got off to a good start this school year.

For some reason, maybe the weather shift, we have both had terrible sinuses the last couple of days. Were popping Sudafed all afternoon, then both sat about an hour and a half past suppertime, with that favorite barbecue waiting for us...we just weren't hungry.

I forget that pseudoephedrine suppresses appetite...guess I need stuffy dinuses more often.... Still storms blowing up all over the map, but not so much here tonight.
0 Kudos