cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Thunder, radar, please be right!

As I sit on the porch, perspiring and waiting for Mike to take his after- dinner shower, thunder is rumbling and sounding a bit closer as the minutes pass. Radar looks promising, but we barely caught ten drops out of the last cloud that looked like it was going to nail us. Just enough to make the dust on my car look all blotchy and, if possible, worse than it did before.

With any luck, maybe some of these " pop-up thunderstorms", which look a lot like bubbles roiling up in a pot of boiling water when you watch them on the Doppler, will douse us and cool things off a tad.

Anyone else get this type of storm activity in summertime? It's not rain from a front coming through...it is just instability from such high heat and humidity.

Oh, boy, really rumbling now! Keep your fingers crossed, please!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Thunder, radar, please be right!

Hope you get a good soaker.  We had thunder this afternoon and enough droplets to show on the blacktop driveway.  It dropped us by about 10 degrees but turned more humid.  I didnt think it was possible to be more humid than it was but it fooled me. 

We have some thunderheads off to the west and are keeping our fingers crossed, too.  Although we have been lucky so far....we have had 1-3 inch rains at good intervals since early June.  What a blessing!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I am a radar watcher.    When there are sevre storms in the area I constantly update  the radar.    Last night they went north of us.  Heard a Chicago Burb got 7".   Tonight they are going South of us.     Good Luck everyone. 

Got a bit of a break this AM.   Didn't break 90 till almost noon.   Got quite a bit of yard work dont.   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Missed us again tonight, darn it! I am getting to be like Scarlett O' Hara: Tomorrow is another day!
0 Kudos