cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Trying out the technology a bit

Still getting used to this new computer.  Moving files from my DROID to the hard drive today, and finally putting some stuff up into the Cloud.  Posting a photo file below, from my studio house in VA. 

This is a really retro space...you can see the 1980s vintage wallpaper design in the background.  The TV/laptop spot is really more like seventies.

The tie-dye panel over the TV was a throwback, to Jenna's first college apartment.   She loved this kind of thing.  Funny, but I still had the stretchers and panel we had used for her place in 2001, and it just fell right into the space on that tacky panelled wall. 

If this turns out, you will see my funky-side taste in decor.  Not what I'd use in our house, but for a studio with glass and fiber arts, sewing, etc., I felt some wild color was okay. 

If not, then I need to get back to learning this newfangled computer crap....

DSCN3381.JPG
0 Kudos
2 Replies
SLC
Senior Contributor

Re: Trying out the technology a bit

I like that space!  It seems very welcoming.   

Good luck on figuring out the new techno stuff.  I always drag my feet on it until I get in the right mindset.. then it doesn't seem as bad.   

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Re: Trying out the technology a bit

The TV area is just a small portion of the "great room" in this little house.  It is huge, to me, after living in old houses with more, but smaller, rooms. 

The other end is my weaving space, sort of shown below, and there's a dinette area against the common wall with the kitchen.  Big triple window on the wall between the two great room areas.  I do a good bit of instructional DVD viewing in the studio.  Need to do a lot more, but  with the greenhouse started now, that will be only during rest time. 

DSCN3380.JPG
0 Kudos