cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Two Blue Ribbons

Got a couple of blue ribbons as well as several thirds, fourths and honorable mentions.  I was most proud of my night shot of the Sydney Opera House because I worked so hard this past year on improving that type of shot.  

When I took them for printing, I had to sign a copywrite form as the tech thought they were some professional shots that I was stealing.  I was flattered! 

My file size to get the best quality shot is too big to load on this site.  The whole album is on my facebook page. I would appreciate any constructive criticism and feedback. 

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Two Blue Ribbons

Congratulations!! You should be proud of yourself.
0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Hitting the like button  ;o)

Congrats

S.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

That is great. I am thinking it is a large fair with lots of competition. I just take pictures and don't worry about the composition. Our local fair is failing.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your ribbons.  I thought about taking some things to our fair, but I would have to take off work to do it.  I have/had some beautiful yellow lilies that would have been nice to take.  I think the rain may have beaten some of my flowers silly this morning.  I always think of things I can do when I retire and I suppose that is one of them if our fair still exists.  Have been thinking alot of the kids taking their animals to the fairgrounds today.  Trailers will be getting stuck, kids will be wet up to their knees.  The first night of bringing animals in is always a circus!  I feel I learned alot in my days of being a 4H member and then a leader.  Will try to go on Wednesday night to support a young lady who is vying for fair queen. 

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Congrats!!!!  I would love to see the pics.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

I would love to see them, too...have been trying or wo days, and cannot get FB to let me open your page, LA!
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Congrats. Every year you learn a little bit more of the art and get ready for the next. What do you think you most improved over the past year?

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I improved the most on my night shots.  I bought a tripod which completely eliminated camera shake which previously caused my night shots to blur. 

I want to get an extra wide angle lens if it is in the budget this year.  Then I will work on my landscapes for next year.

I also want to work more on my skills on Adobe Photoshop Elements.  I entered one picture in the Digitally Enhanced class and got a ribbon for my first attempt.  I would really like to improve on that software.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

It is a relatively small county fair but the photography show is pretty big.  There are about 700 entries in the show each year.  I think about 80 exhibitors.

I will also enter three another county fair that requires the entries to be framed and matted.  Because of that requirement it is a bit expensive but then I donate them to our church auction.  They always do well.

Take a few pics to your fair!  It has become a great source of enjoyment for me each year.  Digital sure makes it easy since you can take hundreds to get just one that is a keeper and it doesn't cost you anything but battery power!

0 Kudos