cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Two of Me

I wish there were two of me today, both size 10 with no wrinkles, no gray hair and no whiskers!!  I'd like them both to be excellent house keepers, cow feeders, boy picker-uper afters and be organized.....one could do job A and the other could do job B!!!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Two of Me

Would that make your DH a polygamist? 

Honestly, Mike and I were addicted to the show "Big Love," and when you got past the whole issue of jealousy (which would be impossible for me to do, I am sure - and which the three female leads never actually managed, either), the idea of having three wives in one family wasn't all bad. 

We were watching the Raleigh news this week, which showed clips of the identical twin sister of a murdered Cary woman facing the deceased's husband, who is accused on capital charges for the crime.  I cannot imagine any more surrealistic experience in this lifetime, can you? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

I think my honey would like the idea of more than one, wouldn't most men???? Ha...I could never do it, I would have to be the BOSS and I don't think that is a part of the poly world!!  No sharing for me anyway!! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

I do not know what this says about our marriage, but both Mike and I say to each other that we would not want to marry again.... 

Somehow, I think the first wife in polygamy is the "legal" one, and is sometimes the in-charge, at least if this fictitious show is any indicator.   It is an interesting dynamic. 

I am really going to miss "Big Love."  In some ways, I think each of the three wives in that one was supposed to represent the three different ideals of womanhood/wifey-ness. 

When you saw a guy reacting to the characteristics in each separate wife, it was much like watching someone react to different moods of one character.   Somehow, it being a different woman with the given "issue" made it more entertaining. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I've often said I need a wife.  No lesbian tendencies; purely selfish help wanted.  You know-someone to make the meals, clean, do laundry-all those small domestic chores that no one thinks take time yet growl when they aren't done!  Then there is the bookkeeping which I'm behind on.

LOL  Maybe 2 wives!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Most every woman I know well has commented to me the same sentiment: I need a wife. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

If they are growling, they are merely acting like animals. Maybe some training is needed there?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

A few years ago when we were so busy, all I wanted was a secretary. Yesterday I cleaned out some boxes of old tax records and when I saw all those canceled checks and all those purchase records, I understood why I needed a secretary and along with the cleaning help.

0 Kudos