cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Suey73
Advisor

Re: Wait and see...am I wrong?

Being in agriculture/farming  we just don't understand  tax refunds,  do we?   I got one once upon a time.   I knew it was impossible.  So I filed the check and waited for the IRS to ask for it back.    Found someone else who got one and spent it ASAP,   then found out he had to repay it.    

0 Kudos
turkey feather
Senior Contributor

The irrating  part now with returned tax checks is the millions being returned to those filling on line and not due the refund but spending it before the return is processed. IRS does not have a handle on it.

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

No, you cannot. Guy claims this wife of his has " split personalities." I say she is completely lazy and abusive.

Her expression towards me the other day was what I call " controlled aggression". She never raised her voice, but was squinting her eyes at me, and using language that was not profane, but very unfriendly. " None of your business" when you are talking about the house I own and I employ your husband is not exactly the wisest choce of words.

I got the impression that she is accustomed to putting off dealing with things. I feel sorry for him to a certain extent, but he picked her, not me. I gave orders for his yard to be picked up before he knocks off work today. At least that way, I can stop seeing thefurniture stretched from the back door to the road ditch. Snow was hiding a lot...
0 Kudos
SLC
Senior Contributor

They had furniture in the yard?  Oh Kay..   I feel your pain.     I am just hoping that the wife and 5 kids don't breakdown anywhere near me!   They need to come with a warning.   

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

The oak kitchen table is in shards by the deck, the kids playing stickball with one of the turned legs the other day. There is one of the nice double box springs stripped to its frame actually ON the deck. I don't know what we will find, once we get inside.

Right now, I am making him pick up the yard, so I do not have to look at the direct results of the devastation. I will not worry about the inside until the wife and kids are really gone. To be perfectly honest, the holes in the walls that expose the wiring are what caused them to be taken out, and I am refusing to fix them...told him and CPS so last week. No one can make me...it isn't a rental.

I will provide a family a dcent home once, but not twice. I can only be pushed so far. Will not have any choice but to send child support, if she gets an order against him, but I will send it to the state, not her...she will not get my checking account info. Period.

Right now, I understand that she filed for back support against her husband, from before they were married...that's holding up " her" money. Ironic....
0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Governmental lack of follow-ups....

...are the essential issue with my basic question here...way more important than money, though. I acted on following up with CPS the morning after I saw these idiots had the children still coming there. I had said they coukd get off the bus, but get straight into the car and leave. They just had them there for about two hours longer thanI had allowed.

When their mother stood and looked me in the face and lied, I had to call her hand on it, or she had me where she wanted me. I rarely let something like that go on for long.

When she made up the part about the " papers", and my employee coukd have been locked up for her two kids being there, and he was unable to get her to comply with either CPS or me, the owner of the house, that was it for me. If you don't know, you cannot be at fault for conditions onside the house...but, once you do, it is time to set conditions.

I need to check the yard today, and give him a warning of an impending home inslection. Have to be careful not to pile on too much at one time. I knkw he is upset about her leaving. I have told him I will help him with supplies and a plan, but I will not clean up after his family, that is his job.

I wanted so badly to call the caseworker down for her lack of oversight. She said the order doecifued thst the kids would be picked up after school every day. The school is almost in sight of her office, and she had never even checked to see that was i deed being done. I could tell in talking to her that this woman has a checkered past woth the agency...wouldn't you have thought they would at least have called the school, to see what was going on?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
turkey feather
Senior Contributor

Re: Governmental lack of follow-ups....

If your state is like ours the social workers are very overworked and the turn over is high. I am beginning to blame the judges for giving the bad and mentally ill mothers chance after chance to get off drugs or stay on medication. This leaves the foster system and those wanting to adopt with nightmares.

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Seems the whole system is broken.  If the filth Mike described to me inside that house wasn't sufficient to get kids removed. and nly the iwring they exposed did the trick, then there is a screw loose somewhere. 

This worker has clearly been at it a while, and this family has evidently been in the system more than a month.  I am standing my ground that I don't have to fix it, so they can just tear it up again.  If I get pushed, I will just find a new worker.  Daughter can deal with the money she doesnt'get for a vehicle she shoudn't have sold him to start with, if so. 

I am still asking this basic question, though...is calling CPS the right thing to do?  I dont' see that  had any choice...the parents were simply not listening, and the house isn't safe for kids.  They aren't coming there since I made the call. 

0 Kudos
dairy mom
Senior Contributor

you're right Kay, the whole system is broken.  In fact much of the country is broken.  Children have become pawns in silly games adults play with each other and the system that enables them to have children they shouldn't be having.  Really just how many women do you think would continue to have child after child if they had to be totally responsible for them.  But then that brings to my mind 2 nieces of ours.  One has 5 kids with 4 different baby daddies.  Finally the 4th one married her although he doesn't work and her oldest is "home schooled" my guess is so she can be the built in baby sitter.  Then I attended a baby shower for another niece this weekend.  Her 2nd baby, 2nd baby daddy.  She's been "engaged" to both of them but not married so far.  We'll see what happens.  I'm not very hopeful for her though.  Found out her ring this time is actually her mothers from the failed marriage to her dad.

I agree you did the right thing in calling CPS.  Not your fault they are so overwhelmed they can't do a good job.  But I agree you had to protect yourself in the situation.  Only you kind of have to wonder just what kind of situation the kids have landed in now.

Myself I would fire the guy as soon as possible and get him and his drama out of the way.

0 Kudos
turkey feather
Senior Contributor

Yes you did the correct thing. It could have become a liability issue. The whole situation of all these babies with different fathers is a very sad situation now but think about twenty years from now. There is free reliable birth control today. What are these girls thinking? What is pushing this baby boom?

0 Kudos