cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

Watching the Superbowl?

Do you have an annual SuperBowl tradition?  We usually buy a few of our favorite tail gate pary foods and watch the game but it is not a big deal.  The last time we went to a Super Bowl party it was three years ago while we were in FL on vacation.

We get way more into the college bowl games especially if Ohio State is having a good season.

I am cheering for Green Bay.  You just can't live in Cincinnati and cheer for the Steelers! 

We had chili dogs and cupcakes at DGD Madison's house.  Her eight birthday is tomorrow.  I just cannot belive she is eight!  Seems like yesterday that she was born.  I got her some pretty flower print sun dresses and flip flops for their June Disney cruise.  The other grandma and grandpa got her a new swimsuit and flip flops for the trip!  At least she was consistent in what she wanted!! 

Well, half time and I better get a few things together for back to work tomorrow morning...whooppeee.....NOT!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Watching the Superbowl?

We tried having people come to our house but it doesn't help that 2 of them drive snowplows.   So we have given up on trying right now.    I make carmel corn.  

Christine... did a lousy job with the Star Spangled Banner.    Sing it like it was written and maybe you will get the words right. 

What so proudly we watched... at the twlights last gleaming.    She will get a whole bunch of interviews and be apologizing for weeks.    Let's make her write it on the blackboard  50 times. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

Traditionally we go to church.  However, it was cancelled tonight because of weather  This is the first time in ... I can't even guess how many years ... I've watched a complete Superbowl.  Come to think of it, I'm not sure how long it has been since I watched an entire football game of any kind.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

We usually just watch at home together.  It is generally not a very good game, so to speak.  Tonight's was a decent one, I guess you could say.

Mike got disgusted when the Steelers started scoring, so we switched and watched "Big Love," then came back for the final Pittsburgh possession, and Green Bay taking a knee twice.  His best buddy is a hardcore Steelers fan, so we had to joke about how he's going to take this. 

Neither one of us is having snacks after supper anymore - it is rough when you get old, isn't it? He had his usual homebrewed beer, and I had a glass of "naturally sweet" Chinese tea. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Maybe they deafened the cheering after she sang, but the roar of the crowd is usually bigger...your right she sounded bad.

The finger licking doritos com. was my fav.

S.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

No traditions, met friends from Utah for supper, much better!

0 Kudos