cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Re: What Next!?!

Sadly, despite his infidelities and the utter hypocrisy of impeaching Clinton for sexual misconduct - while guilty of it at the same time himself - Newt does seem to be surging in current polling. I hope this, too, passes. He is just dishonest. I am sort of hoping that the current field of candidates wears itself out, and a really viable one arises put of the shadows. I can easily see why anyone with some sense would avoid the circus that is the string of party debates. there are just too any of them, and too many of them are prone to outlandish behavior. One thing that really shocked me with Cain this past week was his outright dismissal of the press questioning him..as though just saying "Be gone!" is sufficient to deal with numerous, serious allegations of harassment. It was a shocking and narcissistic attitude...he basically has said he has never done anything wrong. That scares me...we can't afford anyone in that office who cannot be at least on some level capable of compromise. This is where and why I think people identify religious stereotypes as problematic in a leader. I am sorry your friend flaked out on you. From knowing you online, I can say that is her loss. Perhaps she will think better of it someday, but it probably won't be the same...
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Let us not forget that Rick Perry was the Sect of Agriculture in Texas!  He knows a cow from a sow....somewhat UNLIKE the current thing that is now our Nation's leader. 

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

There are certainly things about Perry that impress me...making way for a million jobs in this recesion being one of those.  He couldn't be a total buffoon and do many of the things he has done, but that brain poot in the last debate does make one wonder if he's real, or just a front for someone pulling the strings. 

That kind of a blank can happen to the best of us, but more troubling than that, his mannerisms in the New Hampshire footage...he appeared to be under the influence of something that time.  It has to cause concern, if you are looking at thigns with an impartial eye.   

We need Molly Ivins to give us the real scoop on this guy, and she has left this Earth now. She sure had "Shrub" ( the smaller Bush) pegged. 

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Really as a woman would you have anything to do with Herman Cain?

At first I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt about the harrassment charges.  Given the atmosphere of the 90's after the Cllinton debacle I'm sure work places were rampant with allegations.

But really referring to Nancy Pelosi, a woman holding that high of an office as "princess".  The man is a neanderthal and I wouldn't give him the time of day.

I would hope that little "oops" cost him every possible female vote in any election.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Actually, think the first allegation or two elevated him the the conservative field, as a reactionist view against what's seen as liberal media trashing a viable conservative candidate. I had several issues with Cain, before the harassment allegations, and a, glad to see that haras,net charges in a third and fourth case have seemed to cool the fires for him a good bit. Romney gives me pause for his reported inconsistencies on important issues. To be honest, I haven't got a primary or even a straw poll to be concerned with, so haven't given it too much thought as to selecting a candidate to support yet. Am just starting to wonder when this will get past the ridiculous stuff we have seen lately, and settle in with someone seriously capable to run this show....
0 Kudos