cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

What Next??

I am sitting here with a broke ankle and having surgery in the morning. I was spraying round-up around the farm, stepped wrong and broke my ankle. I did not need this with trying to take care of Mom and Dad, and of course my grand babies. My grandson is really doing good with his chemo, but now this just adds to duties for my DH. I am glad I had planned most of the wedding for my youngest daughter in September. I really know that people need me and for a month or so I can not help. My DH said he was going to wrap me in bubble wrap. I will have time to read the post now, and I guess I will be playing all the games on FB.

0 Kudos
18 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: What Next??

Sorry to hear about your accident.   What are they doing to your ankle in surgery? 

Hope you have a speedy recovery.  Enjoy the down time if you can.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I am sorry to hear of your accident, just take care of yourself. Of course, it can't be undone, but I understand your total frustration and in summer there is so much extra work that needs doing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor

Sorry to hear about your accident, hope your surgery goes well.  Take it easy and keep that ankle up so it can heal quickly.   Will keep you and that family in my thoughts and prayersSmiley Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Take care and follow the Dr's restrictions. Ankles are pretty fussy things. Walking without assistance before the ankle is ready can really mess things up. Consume the calcium and protein to speed the recovery. Prayers going out to you, maybe this is your bodies way of saying slow down.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Oh, no! Smiley Sad That was my first reaction to reading about your misfortune!  Hard as it will be, let others do for you right now.  You've been the one "doing" and now it's your turn.  I didn't say it would be easy, just necessary at this time.  Prayers and a great big hug! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I wish I was close by....I would help you.  Take care so you mend properly.  You want to be on your feet and dancing the night away at DDs wedding in two months. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

They are going to put a screw in to make sure it heals correctly. He said it might heal without surgery, but after 6 weeks and it healed wrong, I would be right back where I am now. I did not want to wait 6 weeks hoping it would be OK, then have to have him break and redo it. I have been taking all the calcium I could for my age, and he said my bones really looked good on x ray but I guess I just fell the right way. Hope everyone else has a happy and safe 4th. I also know that if I lived close to any of you I would be sitting here now with some friends, but this will have to do. Just listening to me helps a whole lot.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Ouch! I bet it is sure painful. Wish I could help you more than this, but pray for your speedy recovery. I know it will be hard to slow down but think how hard it would be if you couldn't enjoy your daughter's wedding. If it makes you feel better, trade office work with those that are helping with physical work. They will appreciate the help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

So sorry to hear your boo-boo...it may be better than you think, if they are repairing it surgically.  That may leave you without a cast, but a moonboot instead.  I hope so...that was my experience, with a broken ankle of each kind.. 

The one they bolted back together was so much easier to manage than the one that just got a cast, once the first week/ stitches healed went by.  Could drive, bathe and shave that leg, no muscle withering as under a cast, etc., really not bad once I got off the walker after the week of bed rest. 

How many fractures, and I am guessing more than one bone involved?

Post back and let us know.  Take care....

0 Kudos