cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

What's your favorite app?

What are your favorite apps that relate to farming or living in the country in general? Here are some good ones from our sister site, Living the Country Life. I'm thinking we should all download the First Aid app right away!

10 handy apps for country living

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: What's your favorite app?

Lisa, it isn't specifuc to farming and rural living, but with more infrastructure issues out here in the sticks, " PrinterShare" in my smartphone saved my butt at tax deadline time this year. It allowed my cell signal's connection to receive the phone's rmail, and the app printed out my e-file and vouchers. My regular email and server were crashing and burning at that critical point in time.
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

To be honest those apps seem geared more toward the country living but not actively farming or maybe more toward the hobby farming type people.  I myself use SoilWeb and the NDSU Pest Management app the most.  I also have an app for figuring out calculations for building stuff or measuring distance.  The First Aid and the Pet First Aid are also on my phone because it just makes sense to have those no matter where you live.  Luckily I haven't had to use either of them yet but then again I travel with an extensive first aid kit for the dogs and horses. 

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I agree with Manureseller on the apps.  When we were actively dairying, I had the dairy on our computer (I do not have a smart phone) and used it to check our counts for PI bacteria & somatic cell.  The hospital site we use to check on appointments & billings are used here but aren't country. 

I get USDA updates, the grain & livestock markets, and a site for online auction and other than the equipment companies we order from, we are pretty much out of it. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Yep, this slideshow was put together for our sister site, Living the Country Life, which is geared toward acreage owners who may have a few head of livestock, but aren't full-time farmers. Still, I thought there were some good ones here! 

0 Kudos