cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

What season is it?

We've got probably our biggest winter storm going on here.  We've really had a fairly easy winter compared to so many others, but it's catching us today.

On top of mud too.  Gonna be a mess around here for a while.  Didn't get cold enough to freeze the ground before it started snowing last night so really hard to even move the snow.  What a mess.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Veteran Contributor

Re: What season is it?

I've given up....we just had a foot of snow dumped on us last night and even more south of me so who knows.  Of course it's on top of the mud that we've had from thawing.  I'm ready to call it quits with mother nature I can tell you that.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Dairy mom, I can't remember where you live?  I know manureseller is in N Dakota.  We're getting cold rain here in IL with some snow forecasted; not much I think.  But it is not very nice out.  I can't imagine the mess with mud under all that!  Spring can be muddy enough on it's own!

0 Kudos
Advisor

We have been in the upper 70s all week...supposed to drop like a rock behind the bad thunderstorms that came through today...then really cold until next week....Spring, where are you??

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Seventies and eighties latekly, thunderstorms likely tonight, sixties tomorrow. Lovely, late march weather in NC.  Up to no good by early next week, forties and raining. 

Rain Sunday and again Tuesday...so, April showers are early, and are very much needed to make a hay crop this year, following our driest winter in memory. 

It is hard to know how to dress some days...cool in morning, and hot by early afternoon.  Okay when at home, harder to dress for comfort when on the road. 

Really windy spring...too stiff for kiting. 

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

mid Michigan.  It's not a big storm.  day time though and that's been unusual this year.  It's on top of the mud that's the big deal on our place.  Drainage around ;the buildings is a big problem here.  Have one drive we're not using already.  It's going to be messy next week when it warms up again.

Schools closed again today.

0 Kudos