Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Re: What was your dream job?

Same here....

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

It is a shame that you feel so alone where you are. It is not as easy as it was years ago to make really good friends or find a woman who understands you. But, there are women out there that you need to meet. Church groups, craft groups or reading groups. Groups like Farm Bureau that always need volunteers or the Cancer Society. The list is endless. Maybe you need to take a step in that direction?

You mention younger neighbors. Age should not be a factor, maybe they need a friend too.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I'm doing it for the most part.  I love my job working with the growers even listening to them complain about everything under the sun.  LOL  I knew I was going to do something in Agronomy and for a time looked at BioTech and plant breeding but that just wasn't my cup of tea.  I'm too much of a people person to be stuck in a lab. 

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I should edit to add that I did give thought to being a stunt woman for Dukes of Hazard when I was 7...I thought that would be pretty cool too.  Smiley LOL

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Oh that's so funny!!!  LOLOL 

Dairymom, I know how you feel.  Even as I ran my own dance instruction all those years, I never had a building or studio of my own only for a short time when my mom taught the tumbling.  DH (and I'm not pointing fingers, honestly)

never supported me in that venture even thoght I was doing this when we dated.

I also had an opportunity for a "town job" but he felt I would be of more value on the farm, which I probably was as he had a job at the steel mill.  But ironically, that company went bankrupt after he retired which cut his retirement benefits.  Maybe my "town job" would have had a little pension?  Such is life.  Spilt milk.

I do understand about the island you make of your life.  It was double here as DH always worked nights, even through the weekends.  One weekend a month off.  Friends forget to even call & include you after awhile as we were rarely available.  And after the kids graduated I don't know anyone in our small town, although I'm getting some info from grandkids activities.  I ditto Turkey, try & find some "adult" activities that you can join.  Try & hook up with some old friends for lunch once in awhile.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I am probably doing my dream job.  Always wanted to work in agriculture somehow.  I worked at a department store for about a week!  Then I worked in a factory for 8 years and had too many surgeries.  They told me that there was nothing else there for me to do, so they put me on work comp/unemployment.  that was probably a blessing at I found this job 6 months later.  I worked with my ag and diesel kids for 15 years and now with the horticulture and floral students.  Farm/plants/flowers are in my blood.  I also get to be a farm wife.  Don't do field work unless he doesn't have another fill in.  Still check cows before and after work in my work clothes!  Keep thinking that someday I am going to find a cow in distress and I am going to have to help pull a calf in my work clothes!  LOL.  I had a best friend all through school.  she went on to the university and I went to the community college.  She kept pulling her way and I pulled my way and now we are facebook friends and have moved on with our lives.  Her life is in agriculture too, but its too bad that we have gone our separate ways.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Tell the truth...you just wanted to dress like Daisy Duke!
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Me?......To have 500 cows....we're not quite there

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Nope!  I wanted to shoot a flaming bow and arrow and slide across the hood of a car (I did the car not the arrow) and let me tell you building a jump for my old bike using 2x4's and old Treflan barrels is NOT the way to go....just sayin'  ;P

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Hilarious!  We have pictures of my brothers doing the bicycle ramp over the 55 gallon drums! 

0 Kudos