cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: What will Santa bring you?

Sounds like a plan.  I have a dull headache & general yuk from the injection yesterday.  I questioned getting it; felt pretty darn good yesterday but DH pushed saying I don't follow through.  Did too much I suppose today.  Tired of not being able to do what I normally can do.  Old.  

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

If you don't feel up to it now, ask for an extension, to Valentine's Day. Promise him that you want the ring, and want to shop for it with him, but feel too crummy right now, and have the family Christmas weighing on your time and energy.

Tell him it is way too important to you to rush into it. There are lots of sites where you can browse at home for ideas, and the jewelry stores are sending advertisements out overtime right now.
0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

I will get nothing from DH.  If I want it I get it and say its my gift.  He asked me one year what he could get me I said 'just get me a a large poinsetta, a hug and tell me you love me" to this day he has never gotten me that, he always says he didn't have time to shop.  Yet he can go to land sales, cattle sales, sit on the computer all the time. 

Hmmm I am going shopping today, don't have a clue what I am going to buy but I am going to enjoy the day

S.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Linda...flowers "Perish and Fade"! You girls are much too funny!  My Christmas tree is really only half decorated this year, just don't have the energy or desire to finish it. It has lights, garland, snowflakes and red bulbs.  Kids ornaments are still in the boxes.  I really should package them up and give them to them to keep.  Stress is the winner with us the year.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Sundae, I used to not have anything under the tree when the kids were growing up.  One year I finally decided that since I was Santa, Santa was going to get Sue a Christmas present!  This year I don't think I have anything for myself yet, do still want to look for computer, but have been saying that for months and now I am sure they are all gone.  My daughter spends way too much money on me now.  Husband amazes me now every year.  Sounds like they are about ready to start my porch, but dang, guess they will have to push the snow away from it and i have to clean if off....

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Kay,

Yes I have told him numerous times but apparently he just doesn't get it.  Oh well, it is what it is.....

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Sounds like your daughter may be working on her dad. I would scrape snow on my hands and knees, to get a building project started, if meed be, so as not to hear " maybe next year".

I have given myself a pair of handmade felted wool slippers, off the animal rescue's auction last week. Ordered a crepe pan, for something old that is trendy again. Just noticed my friend is back in her secondhand shop, after being closed with her son very sick. Need to touch base on that blue and oak dresser.
0 Kudos