cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Where would you be...

..if you were the $60 copper stopper that matches our kitchen's farmhouse sink? It was there when Winn finished his bath after lunchtime...MIA now.

We have turned the whole kitchen upside down, gone through two trash bags, and traced y steps from bathing him to getting him dressed, to everywhere we went all day long. I am stymied.

Anyone got a psychic streak?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
turkey feather
Senior Contributor

Re: Where would you be...

I hope it has been found. I would have looked in the trash and toilet first then drawers. With a toddler you never know.

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Wish I could blame Winn, but NO!  This one was totally me. Mike was really kind about it...went through two trash bags, all over the house, it was just nowhere we could think of. 

Daughter finally found it, in a skillet on the top of the stove.  I had evidently put it in, covered it with the lid, and held leftovers for her to find.  It was a new piece of cookware, and I did a new dish, so maybe that had me sidetracked. 

I guess I tossed it into the pan when I was covering things and cleaning up the sink and stove area, after  cooking with Winn.  She was sittin in the family room eatign, and we mentioned the stopper...she said she wondered why I had put it in the pan....

Have been having a lot of blips like this lately.  Ones that bother me most are finding I forgot to push buttons to start the washer or dishwasher.  When your little coffee cup is dirty in the rack, and you are jonesing for caffeine, it is a bite. 

Maybe I need to make a housework checklist, like the bookwork one...what's the dumbest place you have ever hidden something from yourself? 

0 Kudos
linda/IL
Senior Contributor

LOLOL  Boy, did this hit home.  DGS is making 1st Communion tomorrow.  Had already gotten his gift at religious store a few weeks back.  Knew they were coming to stay overnight in a week so I hid it.  Somewhere.  Yesterday I tore the entire house apart looking for it.  Really panicking as I had 2 gifts in it & didn't want to make a trip for another one.

Said a prayer to St. Anthony, patron of lost items and 5 minutes later I found it.  I know a lot of you aren't Catholic or religious, but I was so grateful.  I really had no clue.  Found it behind a shelf in my bedroom chest where I put my purses-did this probably 3 wks. ago.  So much for doing early. 

I have been so distracted lately also Kay, and yesterday while in the panic my mom called again so confused about her dr. appointments, totally screwed up and couldn't understand.  I told her I'd be in in 20 min. so that's when I was ACTUALLY tearing into things and panicking.  When I go in there it's rarely a quick trip.  She always has this or that to be done and it's usually more than I plan time for.

I think I just have too much paper work and responsibilities keeping track of for the farm, personal, mom, and DH's ditch board and too many broken up days.  When I stepped back while looking yesterday I realized what a mess my house is in.  Today was another day I got little done between running mom for a funeral visitation, DH late lunch, etc.    Guess I need the Flylady again.  I'm really unorganized & struggling. 

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

You know, I sometimes just want to smack that Flylady silly. Winn and I came across my Control Journal the other day...and there is hardly a thing in it the same today, as just a few years go. My " zones" are eighty miles wide now, for starters.

I am actually thinking of having our employee's wife back to help me with the office and NC house a couple of times a month each. I may be able to manage, if I can ever get everything in its place; but, doing that is a bigger job than even I had imagined.

Perhaps after tomorrow, when I walk out of the last rental house, with all the floors shiny and counters wiped, appliances scrubbed, i can get a grip on our own houses and offices. From there, security deposits cover stuff like carpet shampooing and such, thank goodness.

Maybe I can remember where our things are, when I am not going in so many circles at one time.
0 Kudos
Ruby Lou
Senior Contributor

Linda, sounds like your mom may have dehydration or a UTI.  more confusion happens to them when something isn''t right in there system.  I am getting a bit unorganized again too.  With the wedding coming up a month away and things to be done yet, I keep telling myself...not to worry, it will all work out.  thinking of calling someone to do a house clean for me.  My co-workers gave me some money for administrative professionals day....

0 Kudos