cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: Wind

Yesterday before church our neighbors to the south were burning a ditch and it was so windy! The fire itself was far from my house, but the wind blew the smoke right my way and my house was full of their smoke ... and I have a kid with asthma! I was so mad! So I stopped on our way to church when I saw the wife (who I can't stand) standing in the road with a shovel. I asked if everything was OK, and she said yes. I said I thought it was a little windy for burning, and she said they have a wet ditch so it's fine. I said that my house was filled with smoke. Her response? "My yard is full of your cow #($*%& from when they got out the last time. SERIOUSLY?!? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

You all are just getting a taste of living in ND where the wind blows 24/7  Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Winds ahead of today's cold front hit us at 60 mph about five a.m.   Woke me from a dead sleep, and I was very uneasy for a couple of hours. 

Mike had set off a small flatbed trailer for me to cempty the poolhouse onto so I can paint the ceiling and floor, and it blew that across the yard and up against the kennel. 

Still whipping, and the last band/actual cold air is supposed to arrive any time, now. 

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

When I lived in Colorado the joke was the wind always blew in Wyoming.

We've got a cold wind in Michigan today.  Possible snow showers again this evening.   Actually was a little bit flying in the air this morning.  But then again we haven't been warm enough yet to worry about the nasty weather that has been so dreadful south of here.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Oh, the joys of country living! 

Having had an asthmatic child, and now having some breathing issues myself, I can certainly empathize with your position.  Being what Mike calls  "S*#T magnet,"  - if there is one pile for a mile, I can manage to step smack into it - I can also see hers. 

Hope your youngun is okay today. 

0 Kudos