cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lisa Prater
Senior Contributor

Women and marketing

Hello, Women in Ag, and welcome to the new forum!

I wanted to share Naomi Blohm's latest column. She's a marketing analyst for Stewart-Peterson, and writes a monthly column exclusively for Women in Ag here at Agriculture Online. In this column, Expect another year of volatility for soybeans, she writes, "Combining both fundamental and technical analysis, let's examine possible scenarios for why soybean futures, which are currently trading in the low- to mid-$9.00 area, could see a $3.50 price drop down to $5.50, or a valiant run of $3.50 higher, to $13.00," she writes.

Read her column and share your thoughts. You can also ask marketing questions here in the forum, and Naomi may answer them in a future column.

I'm looking forward to talking with all of you here in the new forum!

Lisa Prater

0 Kudos
2 Replies
suey1973
Senior Contributor

Re: Women and marketing

How is it that the Chinese can cancel a load of grain when it is enroute?   Many times we hear on the markets that the Chinese cancelled a load.   If I tried to cancel a semi load of bean meal when the truck was loaded and headed out I wouldn't be allowed to do that.     

So are they really cancelling an actual boat/barge load of grain in the middle of the ocean? 

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Re: Women and marketing

Suey, i don't know about this one phenomenon, but when you own not just the ball, but the whole playing field, you can pretty much control the rules on any game that's played. 

We have handed the Chinese too much control - this by allowing ourselves to build such a hgue trade deficit with them.  From there, being head over heels in debt to them was even worse.  Now, so many of the necessaties fo life come ONLY from China, we'd be hardpressed to function without their imports. 

Go back to our discussions about A Year Without "Made in China." 

One of the few arenas where we presently exceed their ability to control us is in agriculture, and there is a contingent that assails us daily.  What do you think is up with that? 

0 Kudos