cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Women in Ag meet-up?

Hello, ladies! The editors here at Successful Farming have been talking about possibly holding a Women in Ag event here in Des Moines sometime late this summer. We were thinking we could host an event at our offices on a Friday. We could have a tour, including the Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen and Test Garden. On Saturday, we might visit the Downtown Farmer's Market. We're just throwing ideas around right now, and wanted to get your input. Would you be interested in a meet-up? What kind of speakers would you like to see? Anyone specific, or any particular topics you'd like to learn more about? Obviously we're in the very early planning stages, but we wanted to include you in the process. What do you think? We look forward to your input!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Women in Ag meet-up?

I would really like that.  I could only attend before school begins here on 8/6/15 and that is not early fall.

I have been thinking that we had talked months ago about getting together but it will be difficult to fit all of our schedules.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I think that would be great!  I'm sure there will be difficulties to get a weekend for all of us to be available.   1st week of October we still go to the Dairy Expo & I imagine harvest will be an issue for some.  But I would love it!

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Is it possible to have it around the State Fair? Lots to do there then as well. 

0 Kudos