cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SLC
Senior Contributor

Wow The Weather

Looks like our weather pattern is becoming more active.   I hope everyone is staying safe and above water!    

Check in and let us know what your weather is like!

We really did need the rain but not 6" in 2 hours...  and we sure didn't need it accompanied with all the tornados, wind, and hail.     Looks like we will be on the watch for another round this evening

0 Kudos
5 Replies
turkey feather
Senior Contributor

Re: Wow The Weather

The wind is so strong I am getting concerned. Every vehicle that goes on the gravel road sends clouds of dust right at the house and buildings. It is very dry here and we need rain but not severe storms.

0 Kudos
Suey73
Advisor

Sitting in the house right now  watching the radar.   Looks like it will start raining in about 2 minutes.     It's got green, yellow and some red in it.   No storm warnings out  yet. 

0 Kudos
Kay/NC
Honored Advisor

Five days ago, we had a forecast for clear and sunny for ten days.  They cut a LOT of hay. 

Yesterday, this tropical or subtro[pical system, that I think is probably TS Anna by now started giving us rain for every afternoon for five days, in the 30-40% chance range.  Just enough to freak them all out. 

Winn and I left early for errnads and Sam's stockup trip...his first with me.  His Mama has him for a while, so I can check for some business emails and get all the cold food put away. 

Her special delivery horse feed adn case upon case of water and other beverages are in the back of PaPa's picklup truck, in the shed, just in case of rain.  I got them loaded in a busy parking lot with an active three-year-old...they can put the damned stuff away! 

Left them with leftover barbecued Boston butt and a crockpot full of red cabbage and hot peppers, so hopefully, they will not starve.  I am exhausted, and we aren't nearly done for the day yet.   I am NOT wishing for rain, as it will deteriorate the hay quallity, but it would give us all a break. 

0 Kudos
wt51015
Senior Contributor

We had 5-7 inches of rain last night along with 32 reports of tornados in the TV viewing area. A few small towns were hit by them...so sad. Rivers hadn't crested by the time I drove by them today. Hopefully they will by tomorrow. The capitol is flooded so much there is a drone showing the coverage. Much safer than driving to the locations today for the thrill seekers. Still there are the not so smart ones that drive right through the water. That's a whole other story...

0 Kudos
manureseller
Senior Contributor

We finally recieved some rain to help bring the rest of the frost out up here.  Anywhere's from 1/2" to just under 3/4" and it was well needed.  Most of the corn is in the ground and soys are started.  Most of the wheat is done as well and we're looking at edibles next week sometime.  We were hoping for a bit more rain but no one is arguing or unhappy with what we got. 

0 Kudos